Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 07:44:22

like i expect too much of life and of people
my life is going nowhere and i make myself unhappy
I dont even feel depressed but i think i am
i drink too much and eat too much
my house is a mess

blah blah blah

Blossomhill Mon 21-Mar-05 07:44:54

Yes Keane you have just described me there!!!!

ggglimpopo Mon 21-Mar-05 07:47:01

Message withdrawn

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 07:47:50

i feel like this all the time

Dior Mon 21-Mar-05 07:52:59

Message withdrawn

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 07:56:14

yes I have hobbies

things have got that bad i have even thought about getting a job

ggglimpopo Mon 21-Mar-05 07:57:59

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Mon 21-Mar-05 07:59:14

You're not the only one who feels like that, no. I feel like that too - but not all the time. I think if you feel like that all the time you may need some outside help, love - a trip to your GP maybe? Sorry it's a brief reply - shouldn't even be here, should be getting breakfast ready.

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 08:01:36

the house is tidy it just needs renovation, I need to book builders. Motivate me!

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 08:02:03

i have felt a bit like that recently, after 8 mths mat leave i was getting worse, i could have taken more time off work but dh 'bullied' me into going back to work, saying it was what i needed and i disagreed. i have been back at work now for 3 wks and i feel ten times better. he was right in the end.

it feels good getting out of the house, mixing with other adults, even if its only 2 days a wk. i dont even like my job! but i like the people i work with.

i also hate where i live, so we are moving back home, where we left 12 yrs ago, and we will be close to our family and friends again, i cant wait (moving house is quite extreme though, but its been the underlying reason for my miserable state of mind)

i think hobbies are one thing, but having a job is different in that you have responsibilities and a purpose, is it practical for you to work? i would recommend it!

hope you feel better soon

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 08:04:28

get a homes mag, read it with a cup of tea (or look at the pictures, thats all i do), have a mega spring clean then go and buy something nice from the mag, and PHONE THE BUILDERS!

i also blame this kind of feeling on the time of year, weather etc

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 08:06:22

i hate winter it has lasted forever

nailpolish Mon 21-Mar-05 08:08:06

SO DO I

drives me to drink and fags, so it does

fairyfly Mon 21-Mar-05 08:13:19

Keane, nothing wrong with expecting too much of people. All you want is some fun, to get on with them, to be loved, to be cared about. You are entitled to that. You have just had a shite time of it. Kepp expecting too much of people, dont sell yourself out and eventually things will change. It is not your fault you know a huge amount of pricks and have met some mums you dont connect with. I hardly get on with any mums from round here. I felt like you a lot last year, but things fall into place for everyone eventually. I now am surrounded by lots of lovely people. You are not supposed to get on with everyone,t hat would be dull. Give it some time, you will start getting more freedom and meet like minded people.
As for the winter yes it is shit and things start to change soon, more people are around and they seem to be in a generally better mood, look forward to it! oh and come and see me!

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 08:22:28

I know you are right. I just take too much to heart and I feel so 'different'

gawd Im a loon. I talk to my computer

fairyfly Mon 21-Mar-05 08:24:16

I think we are all doing that

yuo worry too much

you are lovely

Keane Mon 21-Mar-05 08:41:04

thanks, so are you

i think i will see my GP. i asked for counselling before but felt fine when the appointment cam through

jangly Mon 21-Mar-05 08:45:53

Keane, you probably felt fine before because you had taken a step towards getting help. Sometimes just the initial talk with the doctor can make you feel better, but its not enough to last. You need the follow up. Good luck with it if you do decide to see doc.

Evesmama Mon 21-Mar-05 08:57:04

feel exactly the same as your first post hun!
but the light nights are coming now and i think you(like both me and dp) may have s.a.d, already we have started feeling a little better and have arranged our first night out for almost 2 years for sunday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now