Advanced search

We sold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(12 Posts)
Mirage Sun 20-Mar-05 12:55:02

Thanks for all your house showing tips.They obviously worked as the first people to view put in an offer just under the asking price!

We are totally gobsmacked-the house only went up for sale on Friday so we never expected anything to happen so quickly. They loved the place & went straight from here to the estate agents to put the offer in.

They haven't put their house up for sale yet-it is going up today & is a 1st time buyers property,so hopefully won't take long to sell.We are going to keep showing this just in case it all falls through.

I'm off for a celebratory bacon sandwich now.

MaryP0p1 Sun 20-Mar-05 13:04:22

Well done and lucky you. My house just hasn't sold so we're going to rent as we don't want to wait any more.

Are you moving far away?

LIZS Sun 20-Mar-05 13:24:09

Well done Mirage, that's good going .

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 13:39:05

GDG is going to be soooooooooooooo

Mirage Sun 20-Mar-05 15:10:50

We are only moving 6 miles away,but are going back to where I was born.We currently live in a town & are moving to a village with just 200 people,3/4 mile from my dads farm.I can't wait.

The house we are buying is the 1st one to come up for sale (apart from another,priced at 3.5 million] for about 25 years in the village & we were lucky in that the vendor knew my dad & wanted us to have it as she will be living next door to it.When I rang to tell her about the offer,she said that she had been mowing 'our' lawn for us.

I am in shock still,we have wanted to move for over 3 years & within 17 days,we have found our dream house,had an offer accepted on it,had a survey done & had an offer on ours.I am keeping everything crossed that everything else goes smoothly-it does seem too good to be true!

Marypop1,how long has your house been on the market for? I was going to put this house up for auction if it didn't sell,as I didn't want to wait a long while.Would that be an option for you?

MaryP0p1 Sun 20-Mar-05 15:18:43

About 8 months but we haven't really been pushing it. Thinking like every other time we have sold it would sell itself. As we're moving abroad maybe its the best thing to rent. Then if we want to come back to England then we've got somewhere to go.

Lonelymum Sun 20-Mar-05 15:27:16

Well done! Our house has been on the market for about a month and only one family have been round to see it (2 separate visits) but they are going for a third visit tomorrow so fingers crossed, we might have an offer soon. We have only been in our rented house for a few weeks, but it doesn't feel right as we know it is not permanent. I long for a more settled life. Moving back to a small village where your family are sounds idyllic.

MaryP0p1 Sun 20-Mar-05 15:34:11

I'm crossing my fingers for lonelymum

Gobbledigook Sun 20-Mar-05 16:06:51

But happy for you that you arent' going through the stress I've had since last July AND still no buyer

Just about to put new kitchen in now - better bloody work!

Mirage Sun 10-Apr-05 15:59:49

Dilemma time!!!!!!!!!!

Our buyers haven't had an offer on their house yet,so we are still showing ours.We had a couple around yesterday who seemed to like it & I explained that it was under offer & that didn't seem to worry them.Anyway,the agents rang to day to say that they had put in an offer of the asking price.Apparently our type of house wasn't what they had originally had in mind,but when they saw it they were blown away & said that they definately wanted it & asap.

They are seeing the financial guy at the Estate agents this week,as one half of the couple has a property to sell,but the other doesn't.If they can buy our house without being dependent on a sale,they would obviously be preferable to us,as we want to move asap.But I feel horribly guilty about the people who made the 1st offer-they said it was their dream house & I would love to keep my word & sell to them-but I have to do what is best for us.Would it be really awful of me to say to both parties that whoever can complete 1st,or has no chain,gets the house?

At the moment I am waiting for the EA to clarify the financial position of both parties-I'm hoping that the 1st couple may find some way of buying ours via a bridging loan or something.I feel awful about it all though-I'm a firm believer in 'do as you would be done by' & I would hate anyone to do this to me-I am the sort of person that if I give my word,I stick to it.

Am I being soft? Any advice would be welcome.

Also, GDG & Lonelymum-how are things going with you two?

KBear Sun 10-Apr-05 17:05:14

Mirage, I think you have think about your family and what's best for you and remember business is business. No need to be kind. They would pull out at the drop of a hat if it suited them. House buying/selling is a ruthless business (we discovered to our cost) so now I would separate emotion from business and go get your dream home!!

Good luck.

vickiyumyum Sun 10-Apr-05 17:06:42

i would sell to the first person with a confirmed mortgage and offer. if the first people haven't sold their house, although they are confident that it will sell quickly, there is always the chance that it could be stuck on the market forever.
i know how it feels though, but in this situation the money has to talk, so the first one to raise the money for the asking price gets it! (and fingers crossed for the first couple)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: