Talk

Advanced search

child trust fund?

(7 Posts)
mummylonglegs Sat 19-Mar-05 15:26:36

I've had the voucher for dd sitting on my desk for a couple of months now and can't think for the life of me which is the best place to put it. I know I don't want to create shares etc. with it. What bank / building soc. did you decide on and why?

BadHair Sat 19-Mar-05 17:12:48

There are some other threads on this, but ds2's money went to the Co-operative Insurance Society's fund, which is run with the Children's Mutual (who seem to be doing most of the trust funds). He's got the Stakeholder account, which is the one that initially invests in stocks and shares then moves the profits over to a more traditional savings account for the last 5 years or so. That way he gets the bigger returns of stocks and shares plus the safety of a bank for the last few years.
Hang on, I'll have a look for the other threads ...

BadHair Sat 19-Mar-05 17:21:15

OK, here's some other threads:
Which Stakeholder Account?
Moneysaving Expert advice
what's the best deal?
ethical investment
where should i put it?
There are more - just search in current messages.

mummylonglegs Sat 19-Mar-05 21:30:27

Thanks BadHair. I'll check them all out.

expatinscotland Sat 19-Mar-05 21:31:26

I still don't have a cheque for this. Am wondering what the hold up is and whom to contact. Any ideas? Where does this come from? Our child is a UK national born in Scotland in June, 2003.

flamesparrow Sat 19-Mar-05 22:12:32

I was very sure that I didn't want the stakeholder account, and ended up with the non-stakeholder Abbey one, purely because it was one of the only ones that didn't insist on a minimum being paid in each month.

xxx

Gem13 Sat 19-Mar-05 22:37:00

We did the Co-op one too as it was the only ethical one. Didn't like the idea of DD's money funding dodgy regimes.

I haven't followed the whole stocks/shares/tracker thing. I think they are all going to be pretty similar and DD's first car/education/travels are going to be so expensive anyhow I don't think the CTF will pay for it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: