Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh pants (driving)

(15 Posts)
misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 13:47:52

next available test dates are the 19/20th may and dates in june. i have to be driving by the 21st may really. oh poo!!

if i take it and fail, then dh will have to drive upto great yarmouth.

Lonelymum Fri 18-Mar-05 13:58:21

Think positive! If you take it and pass you will do so at just the right time!

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 13:59:31

have phoned my old instructor, and he'll cal ltonight. and will see what he thinks of my driving ability and whether or not i can pass by them if i have 2+ lessons a week.

Lonelymum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:01:12

Have you taken many tests before? What about the dreaded theory? Dh and I did a theory test once on TV (with about 40 years driving experience between us) and both failed it!!

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 14:02:14

i passed my theory yesterday. have not taken a practical test before.

Lonelymum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:07:13

Oh well, that doesn't sound so bad. I am not sure I could pass the theory! and at least you are not one of those people who have taken and failed your practical 30 times! You could well be first time lucky: female driver, how can I put this next point? Mature (well you are not 17 are you?) You should think positively.

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 14:08:09

mature lol. i'm only 24. but i'm not likely to become a racing driver

Lonelymum Fri 18-Mar-05 14:10:24

Well 24 is maturer than 17, isn't it? Bet that makes your day, to be called mature!

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 14:12:03

usually i get called 'young lady' feel like i'm getting told offf when people do that.

gonna be positive. will have to check with my instructor that his car is available then.

moschops Fri 18-Mar-05 14:55:21

when my friend failed his first test he didn't want to wait so long for his next one (massive waiting list in my area too for them) and he was told he could phone for cancellations. he got another test within about three weeks.

i'm not sure if this can be done for a first test too, but its worth looking into especially if your instructor thinks you will be ready.

of course it depends too if your lifestyle means you can just drop everything to do a test at short notice!!!!

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 17:57:47

i have a realible babysitter and great MIL, so would be able to drop the kids at a moments notice for a test i'm sure.

lummox Fri 18-Mar-05 18:05:10

My DH had his driving test cancelled (due to lack of test people) last week. He was told that it would be May before he could get another test, but he asked the woman on the phone to go through every test centre on her books and eventually it turned out that there was one available for two days time (the same day that the original test was cancelled).

He did say that he was prepared to do the test anywhere in London, which probably helped. But if you're desperate, it might be worth ringing the DSA back and making them go through all the test centres near you.

Totally outrageous part of the whole of DH's thing was that after cancelling his test, they charged him £3 extra to re-book as the price of the test had gone up in the meantime!

Good luck btw.

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 19:32:03

have just booked an assessment lesson with a different instructor. says if i book a test date i can change it for a sooner one if one comes up.

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 07:32:28

spoke to my old instructor last night. he says i can definatly pass my test by may if i'm determined enough. i have a lesson on thursday and will book a test after that lesson. better go cancel the other one now

Prufrock Sat 19-Mar-05 08:30:22

misdee, do call regularly for a cancellation if your instructor thinks you are ready. It's pure luck if you phone just after someone has cancelled, but also they sometimes have lots of tests becoming available at short notice if another examiner decides to work on that day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now