Talk

Advanced search

Hoorah for Toys R Us

(10 Posts)
DelGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 08:47:19

Just wanted to give Toys R Us some praise where it's due. I bought a cotbed from them a few weeks ago. Then last week I got their magazine through the post and what do you know, there was a money off voucher for £20 off a cotbed. I thought i'd chance it and go and see the store manager to see if they'd do a refund of the original purchase and then put it though again. They woudn't but they told me to ring customer services. I did that on Monday and a very nice lady said to send her the voucher and she'd send me a cash voucher back (to spend in the store). I got it this morning. Well done to Toys R Us I say. Note to self - must start a more exciting thread one of these days!

jodee Fri 18-Mar-05 13:42:06

Hi Delgirl! How are you doing? I hate it when no-one responds when I post a new message, so three cheers for Toys R Us!

P.S. Was it you I saw strolling through Tuckton this morning, I was tapping away on the keyboard in the office and was sure it was you!

Marina Fri 18-Mar-05 13:44:57

I know that thread in a vacuum feeling too Jodee & DelGirl so I'll say well done them and how are you BOTH doing?

jodee Fri 18-Mar-05 13:54:57

Hi Marina! I'm very well, thank you, enjoying the first throes of Spring at looong last. Almost a year since moving to Bournemouth, time flies. How's life in the City? I get the occasional odd pang for a trip to Moorgate station and the Barbican but it soon passes! Hope you and your family are well.

Marina Fri 18-Mar-05 13:57:25

Well, thanks to Kayleigh, the City Mumsnetters finally got their collective acts together and lunch once a month-ish (more recruits always welcome), so if you are ever up in town, let me know. We are all fine, a bit clinging to the wreckage at times, but this sunshine does help!
How does ds like Bournemouth? I bet he loves it. Not pining much for Croydon, then...

jodee Fri 18-Mar-05 14:05:09

Those monthly lunches sound fun, I might venture up your way one of these days (and you are more than welcome to join the Bournemouth/Poole crowd for a summer's day on the beach).

DS is having a whale of a time, made lots of new friends at school (off with a high temp. at the moment,unfortunately).

I think the only part of Croydon I miss is Ikea!

DelGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 14:48:26

hello Jodee and Marina. It was me, you're right. Looking like a beached whale, come, stranded elephant no doubt! I was on a visit to the dentist. Just been sunning myself in the garden and now i'm off to get my haircut. Ticking off lots of jobs before the baby arrives, sooner rather than later I hope. How are you'?

jodee Fri 18-Mar-05 16:01:20

I well thanks. My eyes didn't deceive me, then, I only caught a glimpse of you. Not long to go now, hope the pain has eased for you. If you still have my CAT message after the Thelma & Louise night out (!), drop me an email if there's anything I can do, before or when babe arrives. Take care, J.x

jodee Fri 18-Mar-05 16:01:44

(excuse the bad grammar!)

DelGirl Thu 24-Mar-05 17:11:03

I know this isn't the most exciting subject on the planet but thought i'd update this. Went into toys r us again today because they had just got the mattress in today but only had one left as so many people had put them on order. When I got there the ticket said you could buy it for half price if you bought a certain cotbed, the cotbed that I bought 3 weeks ago!!! The original cost was £90 for the mattress so a fair saving. So, decided to try my luck again and they said I could still have it for half price even though that wasn't on offer when I bought it. So........with that and the £20 voucher plus another £5 off when you spend over £30, the £90 mattress cost me £20. Hoorah. Downside is I need some repairs doing to my roof as a tile slipped off yesterday and smashed so I guess that will cover that but i'm still pleased and very impressed with toys r us it has to be said. How sad does this thread make me look , just love a bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now