Talk

Advanced search

Strange Question but need the answer for work

(10 Posts)
Springchicken Thu 17-Mar-05 10:54:59

The current time difference in france, Germany and Skandinavia is an hour ahead of the UK.

What will it be when our clocks change at the end of the month?

Thistles Thu 17-Mar-05 11:03:29

It will be the same as the clocks in these countries change at exactly the same time.

cornishbird Thu 17-Mar-05 11:11:04

It's only us that change to BST isn't it? That means when clocks go forward we will catch up to the same time as them.

Springchicken Thu 17-Mar-05 11:26:38

Oh dear - confused now.
Anyone know for definite?

franke Thu 17-Mar-05 11:29:19

I live in Germany and I know for definite We change the clocks at the same time as the UK so we are always 1 hour ahead all year round.

cornishbird Thu 17-Mar-05 11:33:11

You learn something new every day! Sorry springchicken!

Prettybird Thu 17-Mar-05 11:33:21

They all jump forward an hour too. It's now all been coodritnated, so we all changes clocks at the same time.

Years ago there used to be a month (October) when we are on the same time as them, as the went back an hour at the end of September and the UK only did it at the end of October)

Even longer ago (most Mumsnetters weren't bron then) there was a winter when we experimented with not putting the clocks back in winter, so we would have been at the same time as most of continental Europe for the whole winter. I can remember wearing reflective vests to go to school as it wasn't fully light at that time in the mornings.

There is an argument that we would save lives by not putting the clocks back (to do with drivers being more awake in the mornings and therefore more able to cope with poor light). I personally would also prefer it as then I could do something in the evenings when there is still some light.

albert Thu 17-Mar-05 12:08:32

Yep, they change too. I lived in Denmark for 7 years and I remember my boss coming in one hour late one year because he had forgotten and was totaly unaware that the clocks had changed - we didn't let him forget that one for ages!

Thistles Thu 17-Mar-05 12:15:46

Sorry, I meant to say the difference will be the same.

Springchicken Thu 17-Mar-05 12:21:02

Thanks All - much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now