Talk

Advanced search

Got rid of our credit/debit cards - now cant register on ebay!! Any other way??

(6 Posts)
swiperfox Wed 16-Mar-05 19:41:32

I have a load of stuff to sell on ebay but it says you have to register a credit or debit card to be able to sell - for some reason i thought you only had to have a certain amount of positive feedback or something (not sure where i got that from!)
Anyone know if there is another way?

nutcracker Wed 16-Mar-05 19:43:23

Hmm not sure, but i do seem to remember having to give my debit card details.

Amanda3266 Wed 16-Mar-05 19:45:14

Hi,

As far as I know, if you use an e-mail address of your ISP then you can bypass this. We pay Tescos for our internet access and as long as I registered with that e-mail address then it wasn't a problem - I rarely use the e-mail addrees with Tesco as I have a Yahoo one. To register with e-bay though I had to give the Tesco one. I think it's so they can verify who you are if necessary and stop fraudulant transactions.

Mandy

swiperfox Wed 16-Mar-05 19:57:12

I had to use my aol account to register to buy - but seems they want more for selling - typical!! We just got rid of all our cards to stop spending money!!!

helsi Wed 16-Mar-05 20:06:27

do you not have switch or anything?

swiperfox Wed 16-Mar-05 20:11:07

nope we got rid of all the credit and debit cards and are trying to live with cash only - does wonders to stop spending sprees!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now