Talk

Advanced search

Moving abroad

(6 Posts)
dancer77 Wed 16-Mar-05 16:15:57

We're not planning to do this just yet, maybe in a few years but would like some thoughts from others. We would like to move to spain. Has anyone moved from England to Spain? If so where abouts in Spain have you moved to?

I have been holidaying in Spain since I was tiny but have only really been around Barcelona. Any suggestions on places to visit with a view to moving their permanently?

gingerbear Wed 16-Mar-05 16:47:55

Ooh, I filled in a questionnaire for SenoraPostrophe on monday about this.

Our neighbour has just bought two properties in Denia, on the Costa Blanca. V popular place.
Also, my mum's friend is a teacher in Javea - they moved there 15 yrs ago.
Look on the WWW - there are lots of advice sites about how/where/when for moving abroad.

SenoraPostrophe Wed 16-Mar-05 21:08:52

Yes, i've done that.

we live in granada, which is fabulous. Before that we lived on the costa del sol (which i wouldn't recommend).

how old are your kids and what do you plan to do income-wise?

WestCountryLass Wed 16-Mar-05 21:18:43

My Mum lives in a small village inland between Malaga and Nerja called Periana. You could always visit my Mum, she rents out a farmhouse

dancer77 Wed 16-Mar-05 21:54:36

Well I have one son who is a year at the moment so he'll probably be about 3 or 4.I am a dance teacher so don't really know if i'd be able to do that straight away. I would probably go back to fitness and working in a gym, teaching aerobics etc - don't know what the demand for those sort of jobs are in Spain. DH is a car estimator. So would have to do something in the motor trade. Where abouts on the costa del sol did you live SenoraPostrophe.

That would be something to think about westcountrylass!

WestCountryLass Wed 16-Mar-05 22:06:26

i'll CAT you the website and then you can bear it in mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now