Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE TELL ME HOW........

(24 Posts)
Titania Wed 16-Mar-05 14:11:58

I can get my ds2 and dd to stop crying and screaming at me and get through the day without feeling as though it would be easier to slash my wrists.... dd has got a fever and ds2 is teething. I havent slept all night and I havent eaten for 3 days.....please make them shut up............

kernowcat Wed 16-Mar-05 14:13:14

Can someone come over and give you a break ? where are you?
<<<<hug>>>>

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 14:14:00

1st things 1st. get a cuppa and some food down your throat.

then rub teethjing gel on ds2 gums and give him sdome calpol, same for dd. then pop them down in front of the tv with a favourite video and a blanket each.

bundle Wed 16-Mar-05 14:14:31

and then ring someone up for some help (family and dr)

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 14:15:25

of course bundle. i got sidetracked by my dd2 shouting at me.

bundle Wed 16-Mar-05 14:46:51

misdee, bit of a shouty day all round..

nnosam Wed 16-Mar-05 14:53:09

it must be chatching, my ds has cried all afternoon......

giraffeski Wed 16-Mar-05 14:53:58

Message withdrawn

Titania Wed 16-Mar-05 14:59:55

they are still screaming...... they are both dosed up and ive put tractor tom on at dds request but its not helping.......

bundle Wed 16-Mar-05 15:00:44

what's the weather like? it's lovely here could you take them out for a bit?

bubbly1973 Wed 16-Mar-05 15:25:15

what if you put them in the bath for a bit, might pass half an hour away??

i hope they stop crying for you, but if they dont, just put them somewhere where they cant harm themselves, go in a room and take a breather for a bit just to get some energy back...10mins break will do u wonder

Cod Wed 16-Mar-05 15:29:28

Message withdrawn

BubblesDeVere Wed 16-Mar-05 15:30:58

awww titania, i wish that you lived nearer to me.

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 15:40:47

think u all need sleep.

Titania Wed 16-Mar-05 16:41:51

FIL fetched ds1 from school for me. when they got here ds1 was nothing but naughty, throwing things around, yelling at me that he hates me and wishes I was dead, hitting his grandad, winding poorly dd up when she was just trying to get to sleep, and he slammed the stairgate so hard he has broken it FIL has just left and ds1 has just had the telling off of his life....why does he always have to be so naughty when the inlaws are here??? I have told him that if he behaves in that way again I will tell grandad not to come round anymore. dd is still poorly. ds2 seems a bit better. Think the calpols kicked in. DH will be home late tonight as well.....

Titania Wed 16-Mar-05 16:52:14

oh and SIL came too and crawled round my cream caroet in her wet dark blue jeans......now my carpet has blue stains all over it she didnt even apologise or offer to clean it up when I told her.....

Titania Wed 16-Mar-05 16:52:33

DAMNED.......CARPET.........grrr

bundle Thu 17-Mar-05 13:38:39

Shout/Vanish carpet cleaner?
try being v positive and praise ds when he does something "good", see if he responds. atm it seems as if he's only getting any "attention" (albeit shouty stuff) when he's naughty. tried this with dd1 when she had a few behaviour problems and regressed re: potty training around time dd2 was born and it worked wonders

Titania Thu 17-Mar-05 14:03:05

you think that would work with SIL???

charleepeters Thu 17-Mar-05 14:08:42

W have been where you are and sometimes its just best to put them both somewhere you know they will be safe i.e playpen, cot and just leave them for 10mins and sit down for a while to breath and de stress, if anyone can help you ask them it will help xox {{{hugs}}}

bundle Thu 17-Mar-05 14:10:08

yes, shout/vanish for kids
behavioural therapy for sil

mummytosteven Thu 17-Mar-05 15:15:38

/slap wrist for not eating for 3 days

sleep deprivation sends you gaga
not eating sends you gaga

the combination is blecccccch

shovel some bread and cheese down you or bread and peanut butter or something if no time to eat lunch/breakfast whatever

dot1 Thu 17-Mar-05 15:28:07

Chocolate - the answer to everything. Give some to the kids and the rest to yourself and just have a nice treat time. Amazing what a bit of chocolate will do and it's not toooooo bad for you/them...

Smurfgirl Thu 17-Mar-05 15:42:25

Totally need to eat, something carby.

Can anyone babysit for you? Do you know any responsible young people, or family?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now