Talk

Advanced search

Software

(5 Posts)
MissGalway Wed 16-Mar-05 12:45:52

Can someone give me a link where the best place to down load something to get rid of all these annoying popups i keep getting on my pc. Thanks.

HappyDaddy Wed 16-Mar-05 12:50:16

go to www.google.com, click on advancded (i think) to the right of search bar. then scroll down and click googletools and install googletoolbar. It's really good for stopping popups

MissGalway Wed 16-Mar-05 12:51:05

but isn[t there spyware or something I can get to find the culprit programme. I have google bar on my pc already and its not cathinc them

HappyDaddy Wed 16-Mar-05 12:53:53

search for AdAware on the net, i don't know what site you can get it from, sorry. Also goto control panel, on your pc and add/remove programmes. the offending program may be there.

hub2dee Thu 17-Mar-05 09:53:28

LavaSoft make AdAware. It works. Also Another outfit make a prog called Spybot Search and Destroy. Use both together. Microsoft have recently released a beta of their own Antipsyware packaged (search their site).

You may want to install a firewall too (Black Ice seems to be popular).

Or, move to an Apple Mac and never have to deal with viruses and pop ups and spyware and crashes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now