Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flooded toilet

(10 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Wed 16-Mar-05 12:32:17

My dd has shoved loads of loo paper down our toilet and tried to flush the chain. It is now full to the rim with water, floating poo and paper.

What do i do? Do I have to touch poo?

nailpolish Wed 16-Mar-05 12:49:05

i owuld get my hands in there and shovel some out, rather than try and flush it, sorry!

Gwenick Wed 16-Mar-05 12:50:02

put some rubber gloves on first though

helsi Wed 16-Mar-05 13:04:58

oooooo - we have lots of those in our house. I get dh to do it.

nutcracker Wed 16-Mar-05 13:06:38

I try and pulll some of the tissue downj or poke at it with a stick. Thankfully so far each time it has eventually made a big gurgling noise and cleared itself.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 16-Mar-05 13:09:41

eek here goes!

Lonelymum Wed 16-Mar-05 13:10:11

You could take the desperate approach as adopted by me and wait to see if the water level falls. If it does, you can risk flushing again and hopefully the paper will eventually (with repeated flushes) disintegrate.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 16-Mar-05 13:16:43

all done, poked at it with my lucky bamboo till it cleared.

Now have cleared toilet but a wrecked flower display!

hub2dee Wed 16-Mar-05 14:31:27

Plunger. Down bog. Pump up and down. Will probably sort it out (sounds like it's just a large amount of toilet paper).

If you have more than one toilet, and can leave this one alone, it is conceivable that overnight the toilet paper would start to break down, let water by, and in the morning you could flush the nightmare away without getting drowned.

If the water level is touch and go whether you can flush or not, use a bucket to add water to the pan instead of risking floater escape.

giraffeski Wed 16-Mar-05 14:32:54

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now