Talk

Advanced search

Is the new Huffalump Movie likely to be okay for a nearly 3yo's first trip to cinema?

(6 Posts)
Hulababy Tue 15-Mar-05 21:41:53

DH was asking at what age we could start talking DD to the cinema. She is 2y 11m. She does love films - she sits and watches Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, etc at home and has sat happily through various live shows (Barney, Winnie the Pooh, and lots at Disney last summer). And she enjoyed a 3D IMAX film a couple of weeks ago (lasted about 45 min).

But I realise the cinema is different really.

I noticed a trailer for the new Pooh bear film though on TV tonight - Heffalump Movie

What do you reckon? Have you successfully taken a nearly 3yo to the cinema? Or was it a nightmare?

Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 21:49:25

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Tue 15-Mar-05 21:51:14

Fab; looks like we may be having an afternoon out then

KBear Tue 15-Mar-05 21:51:54

took DS (age 3.3 at the time) to see Polar Express - he didn't move a muscle the whole way through. I think he couldn't believe you could get a tv THAT big!

CountessDracula Tue 15-Mar-05 21:59:02

Hula we are taking dd aged 2.5 to this at the weekend - she sat wide-eyed through the magic roundabout no probs too. Didn't move an inch

Go for it!

albosmum Tue 15-Mar-05 22:30:30

don't know if it counts but my 10 month old has been a regular cinema goer for the last 8 months - usually falls asleep.

But we took out 9 yr old first when he was about 3 and I think it was either tiger or thomas movie so it heffalump will be fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: