Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bugger....Bloody Builders....

(10 Posts)
KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:19:37

I can get my conservatory floor tiled this week, w/c 11th April or 1st week of june.

The underfloor heating hasn't gone down yet so this week is no good

I'm supposed to open 12th April - so the other dates are crap as well

The bloody ramp as well as costing a fortune can't be done either

The sodding opening party is on April 15th

Shit, shit, shit

KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:20:17

I was hoping that would make me feel better - but it hasn't

SenoraPostrophe Mon 14-Mar-05 21:22:23

Oh no, Katie.

I saw this thread and knew it would be you.

Can you ring round about the underfloor heating? It's only a load of cable: can be done in hours (I think). Or get another builder?

KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:25:19

Nope it's already paid for in the conservatory....so I just need to keep ringing tilers - but I hate not knowing anything about them - esp. with the children

KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:27:50

And the dork doing the ramp says I can save you £250 if you don't have spindles just have a rail....I say no I need spindles - he says why - I say 'cos OFSTED said so - he says thats daft why do you need spindles they cost more - I say for the same reason I need a fire blanket in a conservatory 'cos OFSTED SAID SO

Xena Mon 14-Mar-05 21:27:51

Does this mean that you will have to wait till the 1st week of JUNE???

Xena Mon 14-Mar-05 21:28:57

Did you have an inspection prior to the work commencing?

KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:31:23

No Xena fortunatley not

If they do it on 11th April, they'll finish on the 13th(ish) I was supposed to open on the 12th so I have minus 1 day to paint, skirting boards, fit furniture etc.

I can still open on 12th - but not in the room....and as for the opening party on the 15th

KatieMac Mon 14-Mar-05 21:32:00

No - I've still got to fit one of those in

Xena Mon 14-Mar-05 21:56:28

Sounds like you will sort it hope it all goes well, can we have a report on how your opening party goes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now