Talk

Advanced search

Anyone lived in Bangkok with a toddler?

(9 Posts)
pinotgrigio Mon 14-Mar-05 14:36:46

I've been asked if I'll go back to Thailand for a 6 month contract. I adore Thailand and really regret coming home last time (I didn't take DP and thought it unfair on DD).

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should take it, and doing the maths etc (yeh right. Have already got 7 summer dresses on my watch list in Ebay).

One thing that I would like to be able to do is put DD in nursery a couple of days per week. I have a nanny who trails around the world with me but at the moment I'm back in the UK and DD does 2 days per week nursery and 3 days with nanny. If there aren't any nurseries then a toddler group would probably do - I'm mainly looking for lots of exposure to English language and group play. Does anybody have any expat experience in Bangkok with a toddler who could tell me about any groups/nurseries? (DD is 2.4) Thanks!

lou33 Mon 14-Mar-05 17:56:34

not bangkok, but sarahu is in phuket with a toddler, tho she is staying off line for a bit. I could email her if it would be any help?

pinotgrigio Mon 14-Mar-05 21:03:27

Hi Lou, I thought I might hear from you!! Yes, any help would be appreciated.

How did your trip go?.

lou33 Tue 15-Mar-05 12:53:58

was wonderful thanks

if you cat me with your email i will get hold of sarahu and pass it on, is that ok?

lou33 Sun 20-Mar-05 19:03:09

have emailed you pinot

Twink Sun 20-Mar-05 22:21:31

Have a look at Bambi for info.

My brother lives there and is just starting to investigate stuff for their 9 month old so I'll ask him for any other ideas.

lou33 Mon 21-Mar-05 09:22:03

hello twink, how are you?

Twink Mon 21-Mar-05 22:20:31

Hi Lou, thanks for asking, busy all the time, my part-time job has expanded to fit all the gaps I didn't know I had, so with that & the usual family stuff & marathon training means I hardly see any of Mumsnet or keep up with my emails..

How was the trip back ?

I'm just starting to organise our summer visit, I'll finally get to meet my niece just before her 1st birthday, can't wait - photos & videos can't substitute for hugs

But at finally getting there !

lou33 Mon 21-Mar-05 22:45:00

trip back was wonderful, i feel so much better. Nice to see you about again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now