Talk

Advanced search

letter to employers re:pregnancy

(6 Posts)
champs Mon 14-Mar-05 12:53:03

hi the maternity alliance site seems to be down, does anyone know where i can get help on letter to employee stating that i am pg. or has anyone got a way of how to phrase it.
thanks.

PinkWebby Mon 14-Mar-05 12:56:35

Have you been asked to put it in writing. It is normally by word of mouth until you get your form from the Midwife once you have had your scan.

champs Mon 14-Mar-05 13:11:04

want have in writting as work can be difficult to put it nicely.

champs Mon 14-Mar-05 14:23:59

bump

Expectantmum Mon 14-Mar-05 14:27:23

Champs, not sure if this will help, but this is the letter I sent to my HR re leave:

Re: Notice of Maternity Leave

Please find attached my MAT B1 Maternity Certificate. I can confirm the following:

I attach a Holiday Request form for vacation for the period of 13 to 24 June 2005 (two weeks), and intend for my official Maternity Leave to commence on Monday 27th June. This, of course, depends greatly on my health remaining good.

I have also booked dates 19 to 30 December 2005 (8 days) as leave, which leaves me a remainder of 5 days to either take before or after my period of Maternity Leave. I will confirm in writing my expected date of return 28 days before.

I hope this is satisfactory for your needs.

Hope it helps. Sorry to set it out like this, but wasn't sure how to send an attachment on MN.

champs Mon 14-Mar-05 14:37:52

ty expectantmum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now