Talk

Advanced search

Ebay, feeling guilty!

(12 Posts)
tunise Mon 14-Mar-05 11:21:47

A book i'm selling on e bay today seems to have two people bidding each other on it.Great, but the price it's up to now plus p&p is more than i paid for it new!!
I'm feeling guilty that they won't be getting a bargin at all. Could i/should i do anything?
Thanks.

nutcracker Mon 14-Mar-05 11:22:45

Good god know, if they really want it then it's up to them how much they want to pay for it.

You have nothing to feel guilty about.

mummytosteven Mon 14-Mar-05 11:23:47

don't feel guilty. they can always look up and see how much it is on Amazon easily enough. if they enjoy the excitement of the bidding war, fine!

tunise Mon 14-Mar-05 11:26:31

Thank you
I just think they will be gutted when they open it to find they paid too much. Although of course they could have checked price first.

flamesparrow Mon 14-Mar-05 11:32:32

Nah, let em get on with it! Did you hear the story about the guy selling an x box box???? He wrote that it was just a box, and about how you could make people jealous walking up and down the street with it in a clear bag... people didn't bother to read the title properly, or the description... got over £100 for it!!

I now read everything!!!

Gwenick Mon 14-Mar-05 11:34:38

Last year I sold an old girl guide annual, not in perfect condition - for £31!!!!

I actually emailed the guy to 'check' that was how much he meant to bid and he confirmed it was as apparently it was slightlt more 'rare' than most of the others

NomDePlume Mon 14-Mar-05 11:35:12

flamesparrow !

I agree, it's their lookout if they end up paying more than they need to.

katierocket Mon 14-Mar-05 11:36:33

tunise - I just paid £10 for a topsy and tim book on ebay - not worth anywhere near that but I really wanted it, for various reasons.

flamesparrow Mon 14-Mar-05 11:38:39

My DP spent £55 on a video for me because it was one I loved growing up and it is out of print

Gobbledigook Mon 14-Mar-05 11:41:12

Are you MAD?? My dh does this all the time! Buys books he knows are worth money and sells them for more than he bought them for - that's the name of the game! It's up to the bidder to do their research and like others have said, sometimes it is worth more to them for whatever reason.

dropinthe Mon 14-Mar-05 11:55:42

When I first started buying off ebay I got overly excited about some Clinque makeup and bid quite high for it only to find it was those minitures you get free with 2 or more purchases-most of the make up is like this. Dont worry-they obviously cant find the book in the shops or are too lazy/rich to go out and look for it!!

tunise Mon 14-Mar-05 11:59:06

Mad? Maybe.

Anyway i'm off to check my profits

Can't believe it about the x box box, i've got an empty one sitting in the garage.....might be worth a bit?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: