Talk

Advanced search

Decorating a toy room

(6 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sun 13-Mar-05 12:25:32

We have a spare bedroom now my sister has moved out and we have decided to make it into a toy/playroom for dds. Anyone have any ideas on what we can do? We have a peach colour carpet already there. The only curtains we have spare are a kind of like a green apple colour. Not sure how we can get the colouring to work.
I thought about maybe doing something bright and colourful - rainbows or something? TIA

swiperfox Sun 13-Mar-05 12:28:25

In my dd's room i have done murals of all her fav disney characters on one wall, another wall is the sky with stars and 'twinkle twinkle little star' written out - my next project is a princesses castle!! She absolutely loves it - while i was doing it all i let her do her handprints as well Good luck - you'll have loads of fun doing it!!

oooggs Sun 13-Mar-05 13:48:30

I would paint one wall yellow, one red, one blue and one green and have lots of storage. The puting pictures on the walls that you can easily change as they grow into different stuff. Oh I dream of a playroom

SPARKLER1 Sun 13-Mar-05 21:31:18

We have decided to keep the walls magnolia so will just put a fresh coat of paint up. Found border in B&Q which was quite simple but bright. Has the green colour in it to match the curtains, a bit of yellow and a gold pattern.
I think I shall try and find some stencils or stick arounds to put up.

Merlin Sun 13-Mar-05 21:34:07

Sparkler - we're lucky enough to have a playroom too, kept the walls magnolia and now I just stick up DS pictures/paintings etc together with a few framed photos of him when he was a baby, with his cousins and friends etc. I think the key thing is storage - either some shelves on one wall perhaps or some brightly coloured plastic boxes to hide everything in.

TwinSetAndPearls Mon 14-Mar-05 10:18:37

We just have plain walls which are covered in pictures and lots of storage.

I also use the playroom to make displays of baby photos, family pictures.

Our playroom is the room you see from the street so didn't really want it to be covered in stencils or disney painings. But if it was upstairs or at the back of the house I might have been more creative. Although by the time you ahve posters, pictures and storage there doesn't tend to be much wall space left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now