Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lost keys

(49 Posts)
Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 14:52:05

I haven't seen my house keys (I think 2 yale, 1 mortice and 2 car keys all on one key ring) since last Saturday. I'm pretty sure at that point they were in my darling DS hands, and I remember saying to DH that I must rescue them before they disappeared. I haven't seen them since and don't remember if I took them from DS. I used them last to get into the house.

I think I've looked everywhere but know that keys can be crafty and hide themselves so that you only find them when you move house.

We've been through the bins (!), the sofa, the toys, the books, underneath all the kitchen gadgets/dresser/white goods, shoes, pockets, etc etc etc.

Any words of wisdom of where I haven't looked? Mum thinks they've been flushed away but I'm certain I would have seen them in the loo.

Aaargh!!!

Cod Fri 11-Mar-05 14:52:38

Message withdrawn

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 14:54:24

Seat was first place I checked (ah hah! It'll be here. 2 bits of mismatched megablocks later, it wasn't).

Handbag was emptied out in vain search.

WigWamBam Fri 11-Mar-05 14:55:14

Posted inside the video player
In ds's shoes
In any bag/basket ds likes to carry around
Behind the radiator
Posted through the cat flap

colditzmum Fri 11-Mar-05 14:56:01

Are they down the back of the radiater, or in the video? Have they been posted out of the front door?

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 14:56:47

Posted inside the video player - nope
In ds's shoes - nope, his toes are in there
In any bag/basket ds likes to carry around - nope
Behind the radiator - nope all checked with torch
Posted through the cat flap - er no. We don't have a cat or flap.

dramaqueen72 Fri 11-Mar-05 14:57:48

'in' something you just dont expect(flower pot? vase? lego box? ds bed?....or behind something you never ever move... remember those whistling keyrings from years ago? i so need one of those when dd does this!

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 14:57:52

As we're in a flat, posting out of the door would land on the landing, and our lovely neighbours opposite would have handed them in immediately.

I've also asked him (18m). He looked blank too.

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 14:59:10

I've almost whistled in desperation. Even though it isn't a whistling ring!!

As I kill anything green, I have one yucca plant. It isn't in there either.

Moved out the cot too. Tad dusty under there, I discovered . . .

zippy539 Fri 11-Mar-05 15:01:31

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I was sure dd/ds had lost them. Turned out they were in my coat pocket all along - one I don't wear very much.. Worth a check!

NotTelling Fri 11-Mar-05 15:01:31

Give him another set of keys and watch him to see where he hides them ...

Niddlynono Fri 11-Mar-05 15:02:59

It's nice to know that someone somewhere has been doing exactly the same thing as me this morning. It's usually DH who misplaces keys/wallet etc but not this time. My house & car keys and my brother's house keys too. Still can't find them. Getting very annoyed now.

Good luck with your search.

Aaaargh indeed!

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:03:34

Good idea NT!

I'm going to triple check all my coats again this w/end. Thing is - I only wore 1 coat last Saturday. Bizarre.

My biggest fear is that we were out en famille last Saturday afternoon and DS threw up dramatically all over the car. We stopped for me to clean him up - I hope they didn't fall out on the roadside, but very much doubt it as I don't normally take my keys or purse when going anywhere with DH (I'm really the Queen, you know!)

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:04:27

Bex - got such a lecture from DH about the number of times I lose my keys. I always have been a key loser, ie they turn up after a frantic 60 second hunt. Nothing like this though.

WigWamBam Fri 11-Mar-05 15:05:38

When I suggested his shoes, I didn't mean the ones he's wearing ... spare shoes, slippers, your shoes, your slippers, your spare shoes, dh's shoes (can you tell that I had an 18mo once who used to hide keys in spare pairs of shoes? )

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:07:09

Ah WWB! He only has one pair, and no slippers.

Will go through all of ours again this weekend.

Oh I'm so looking forward to the next 2 days.

dramaqueen72 Fri 11-Mar-05 15:08:09

oho dear, starting to sound like you threw them out; either with cleaning up sick (mm, nice) or because he put thme in the bin.......& the bin will have been emptied since last saturday. he didnt eat them did he?!
have you tried the kitchen cupboards? the fridge? inside hoover? ...um..........inside washing machine cause youve washed them without realising? tumble dryer also.......

Niddlynono Fri 11-Mar-05 15:08:26

DH didn't dare give me a lecture but he was incredibly smug.

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:10:40

We didn't let any rubbish bag leave the house from when we realised until it had been minutely checked. Nothing could have got out that way.

I'm not sure if DH checked the recycling box which hasn't been emptied yet. That shouldn't be too grim a job. For DH.

I'm pretty sure if he'd eaten them they wouldn't have been fully digested, and his nappy would have been dramatic.

Surfermum Fri 11-Mar-05 15:11:52

Ok - you're all going to think I'm barmy. Ask your guardian angel.

My pil's are spiritualists and she had been telling me that we all have a guardian angel that helps us when we call on them. So, when I lost my keys the other week, remembering this I said "OK, then guardian angel, now's your chance to prove yourself - please let me find my keys".

It then occurred to me to check down the side of the driver's seat in the car in case they'd fallen out of my pocket .......... and there they were.

Strange but true.

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:18:49

Thanks Surfermum. I'm glad they turned up for you there. I checked the car, but knew it was unlikely as I needed the keys to get from the car to the house (we were unpacking Sainsbury's when I last saw them).

I'm a committed Christian and have prayed about it . . . .

Surfermum Fri 11-Mar-05 15:19:47

I had blamed dd for 2 days first!

Niddlynono Fri 11-Mar-05 15:25:38

DH didn't dare give me a lecture but he was incredibly smug.

tarantula Fri 11-Mar-05 15:28:39

Erm Have you asked St Anthony Hes the patron st of lost things or St Jude the patron st of hopeless cases ? Do you store your plastic bags somewhere It could be in one of them if you wer emptying shopping and all the cupboards Could have got put away with the shopping.

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 15:31:39

Tarantula - I haven't tried there. Will do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now