Talk

Advanced search

So how long should a pumpkin last before it goes off? (and how do you get pumpkin mush smell out of fluffy slippers?)

(4 Posts)
MadreInglese Thu 30-Oct-08 11:56:06

I bought a large-ish pumpkin in Asda last week (Friday), we then went away for a few days but left it in a room which is quite cool and away from sunlight.

Went to lift it up this morning and the insides fell out through the bottom!! I was left with no pumpkin to carve, a great splodgy mess to clean up (thankfully the floor is tiled!) and some decidedly strange-smelling slippers!

Should I take all the mush back and ask for a replacement? I'm sure I've bought pumpkins a week in advance before and they've never done this hmm

VickyA Thu 30-Oct-08 12:56:03

I bought mine from Asda 2 weeks ago and carved it today - it was fine. The best before date was on the sticker - mine was Nov 4th I think, so was a way to go. Have you still got the sticker?

Seona1973 Thu 30-Oct-08 13:11:33

there has apparently been a big problem with pumpkins this year due to the weather and a lot have gone rotten before they should (it was on breakfast tv yesterday). I havent looked at mine yet and hope it hasnt gone the same way too.

MadreInglese Thu 30-Oct-08 13:52:05

Hmmm, I didn't see a sticker on it, will look when I get home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: