Talk

Advanced search

I need a special present idea please for dear friend who has just given birth.

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 29-Oct-08 21:20:11

In the past I have bought chenille blankets with a satin edging as I was given one for DD when she was born and she and I loved it (still do if truth be known!) .

However, the UK supplier is no longer and I can only find them in the US.

What present did you get that you loved please? Parents are first timers, of the slightly 'older' generation and comfortably off so essentials have probably all been taken care of and so I can be decadent and even frivolous. New baby is a girl.

Any ideas very gratefully received.

smellen Wed 29-Oct-08 21:25:51

Napkin ring - engraved?
Painted toybox.
Baby box - for storing first bootees etc.
Pink champagne for the parents
Sampler with d.o.b., name etc.
painting for a child's room

giddly Wed 29-Oct-08 21:30:31

A lovely keepsake box for hospital bracelets etc?

LittleMonkeysMummy Wed 29-Oct-08 21:34:54

Personalised painting for the child's room (try Dotty house)?

I've done cross stitch birth samplers for friends babies in the past (when I had at least 5 minutes to myself!!)

mckenzie Wed 29-Oct-08 21:56:03

Thanks for the replies.
what's a sampler please?

Rolacola Wed 29-Oct-08 22:06:37

I made up wicker basket recently, lined with a soft blanket (pink if it's a girl) then filled it with loads of lovely things; socks, nappies, t shirts, soft toy, bath bomb for Mum, chocolate for Mum, pamper products for Mum. I loved doing it, and it was very well received.

mckenzie Wed 29-Oct-08 22:09:47

I like the sound of that Rolacola. Thank you

LittleMonkeysMummy Thu 30-Oct-08 11:35:05

A sampler is basically a cross stitch picture. some have alphabets etc. try john lewis - they have quite a good selection

mppaw Thu 30-Oct-08 11:51:58

You can get a pillow with all the babies details on, name, weight, DOB etc...really pretty and a nice keeps sake.
Will go hunting for the website....

mppaw Thu 30-Oct-08 11:54:45

Bundlesofjoy is the website...sorry am really un-techy so no idea how to link etc.....also you could google christening presents for a more luxurious present. Just an idea....good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now