Talk

Advanced search

OMG a woman was attacked yesterday morning in the woods I walk the dog in opposite our house.

(9 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Wed 29-Oct-08 10:41:56

So much for my new idyylic life although I knew my town had a side to it.

We saw the helicopters out over the woods yesterday but assumed someone had fallen in the river. It is directly behind my house, we walk across a field to get to the woods.

Tas1 Wed 29-Oct-08 12:17:00

Twinsetandpearls - OMG thats terrible.

I hope the women is ok.
Very unsetteling for you.

twinsetandpearls Wed 29-Oct-08 12:18:57

The woman was unhurt and just pancicked. We all walk our dogs there infact as I am sat in my garden I can see a group of kids walking by the woods.

tiredemma Wed 29-Oct-08 12:23:28

Lordy- where is that???

twinsetandpearls Wed 29-Oct-08 13:52:48

Branston woods in Blandford, if you look at my home pictures on my profile it is directly behind my house.

no harm done but has still shaken me up as we are there all the time

Marne Wed 29-Oct-08 13:55:46

OMG, i live 15 minutes from Blandford, the town can be rough but this is shocking.

twinsetandpearls Wed 29-Oct-08 13:57:11

I really like living here but there is a rougher element to the town. We are thinking of moving in a few months but I will miss it. DD and I love the shops

Marne Wed 29-Oct-08 14:01:45

I like the shops, its a shame because it is a nice town, there are other nice places in the area. When i was a teenager i was never allowed to go to Blandford because of the drug use there. Im sure living on the edge/not in the town would be fine. Maybe its just me but i'm sure alot of towns are like Blandford, i'm used to living in the middle of nowhere. grin

twinsetandpearls Wed 29-Oct-08 15:34:24

It does have a high drugs problem , in fact I think I read somewhere that it has nore heroin addicts in a certain area than anywhere else.

I am not sure if we could do living in the middle of nowhere I love being able to pop into town with dd.

I want to get dd into the catchement of the school I teach in L***** M******. There are some new houses being built in the village next to the school which are very unpopular but they are a possility. We have also looked at Wareham which dp really likes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now