Talk

Advanced search

DON'T PUT PLOT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES - a timely reminder

(23 Posts)
Cauldronfrau Tue 28-Oct-08 23:00:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tidgypuds Tue 28-Oct-08 23:05:31

Here here!

This happened to me on a thread about Tess of the d'urbervilles. Apparently it wasnt a spoiler and it didnt count because it had been in publication for the last 100 years!...Well pardon me for not reading it before it was made into a drama.

Yes, I'm a little irked about this also.

oops Tue 28-Oct-08 23:06:55

Message withdrawn

Cauldronfrau Tue 28-Oct-08 23:11:33

Cauldronfrau Wed 29-Oct-08 16:09:44

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 29-Oct-08 17:45:22

Message withdrawn

JustKeepScreamingInFear Wed 29-Oct-08 17:51:09

Yep the Spooks one annoyed me too - and i can't even watch it until DH is back tomorrow!
having to keep shtum to him on the phone!

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Wed 29-Oct-08 17:52:30

sorry but I don't get this
yes the spooks one should have been in the telly topic. but it wasn't a spoiler as the programme had been shown.

SaTanicGore Wed 29-Oct-08 18:03:56

Not everyone watches a programme as it is aired. There are such things as repeats, catch ups on digital TV, video/dvd/hard drive recorders!

If you want to discuss a programme do it in the thread not in the bloody title.

roisin Wed 29-Oct-08 18:09:32

gosh! Are people really that bothered about this sort of stuff?

I don't watch much TV I suppose, but I just don't get it really.

motherinferior Wed 29-Oct-08 18:19:29

Sorry, but I'm PMSL at Tess 'spoiler'. I read it at school, ffs, back in the 1970s, it's hardly cutting-edge new stuff!

noonki Wed 29-Oct-08 18:21:23

The Wire - a character died. I found out on here - nearly cried (mainly coz they died and I loved them, no seriously Loved them grin)

slayerette Wed 29-Oct-08 18:29:55

motherinferior - I agree absolutely - there's a big difference between someone giving away what happens in a TV drama that's being broadcast for the first time but how can discussing the ending of Tess be regarded as a spoiler?! I've never read Little Dorritt but really wouldn't complain if someone told me how it turns out.

Cauldronfrau Wed 29-Oct-08 18:32:12

wannaBe Wed 29-Oct-08 18:36:33

you all need to get out more.

If the programme has been aired then it's not a spoiler.

If people haven't watched it then that's not anyone else's responsibility.

Clearly not enough happening in peoples' lives if they get that angry about it.

<<<resolves to put endings/intimate details of programmes in thread titles on a regular basis>>> <<<evil cackle>>>

Cauldronfrau Wed 29-Oct-08 18:42:56

sinkingfast Wed 29-Oct-08 18:45:51

It's got nothing to do with needing to get out more or having an empty life and everything to do with asking people to be a little more thoughtful, kind and considerate.

<old lady emoticon>

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Wed 29-Oct-08 18:57:02

Ok I agrree putting it in the title was a bad move, by who ever did it. but I disagree that it is a "spoiler"

Tidgypuds Wed 29-Oct-08 19:10:05

Motherinferior/Slayerette. It doesnt matter if you have read it in 1800, I haven't and would appreciate it, if, which ever programme or whenever it was aired/wrote, not to give away plots or endings in thread titles. Its called common courtesy.
Not angry or even upset, I dont care if you want to call it a spoiler or not. It just ruins it when your looking forward to something.

Cauldronfrau Wed 29-Oct-08 20:55:32

slayerette Wed 29-Oct-08 21:03:28

Tess wasn't written in 1800 but I can give you some spoilers about stuff that was, if you like.

ewwwmy2shoesarefullofblood Wed 29-Oct-08 21:57:30

I thought it was only a spoiler if the plot was revealed before the programme aired.
it wasn't
think how bad the op felt when she realised. she has had the title changed. yet still people are having a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now