Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hotmail account help please

(11 Posts)
nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 13:52:04

Totally forgot to check my hotmail account before my compurter was wiped and now i have a new email address etc my old hotmail account doesn't seem to exsist.

I really need to check to see if someone emailed me but can't get in.

Help please.

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 13:54:57

Anyone please, i am desperate

Snugs Wed 09-Mar-05 13:55:52

What error message are you getting?

Tinker Wed 09-Mar-05 13:56:11

Erm it should do unless you hadn't used it for a while. Wahts' ahppening when you try?

Polgara2 Wed 09-Mar-05 13:57:33

Do you mean your old hotmail account doesn't exist in the Outlook on your PC or that hotmail itself doesn't recognise your account?

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 14:06:17

Arrrggghh apparently cos i haven't checked it for ages and ages, it no longer exists.

Caribbeanqueen Wed 09-Mar-05 14:09:22

I think you have to check it within 30 days don't you? Has it been that long?

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 14:24:17

Yep i think it has been longer than that.

Argh could kick myself.

champs Wed 09-Mar-05 18:08:59

you can activate the old account but old msg's may not be there.
I cant access mine coz i have a firewall and hotmail doesn't allow access thru outlook/express anymore.

nutcracker Wed 09-Mar-05 18:12:53

Oh right. Hmm i have a firewall now i think. Am not using firefox too, if that makes a difference.

Oh well, have bitten the bullet so to speak and emailed the person to see if they have emailed me. Didn't really want to do that but i have to know.

charleypops Wed 09-Mar-05 18:16:44

this happened to me a couple of years ago and I had to pay to subscribe to the better version and managed to get all my emails back. They've improved things on the free account now (it's much bigger), so I only paid for the one year, and now use the free one with the same old address again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now