Talk

Advanced search

My cutest little rat has just died, can I get her sister a friend or will it be a disaster

(6 Posts)
singyswife Sun 26-Oct-08 09:21:13

Okay obviously this question is for rat lovers, my little rat died totally unexpededly last night (she was our favourite). She was only 18 months and leaves behind a sister all alone. Can I get a friend for her sister or will this be a disaster (she is a dumbo). Thanks

singyswife Sun 26-Oct-08 09:23:12

???????

bubblerock Sun 26-Oct-08 09:34:02

Mine lost his brother a few months ago and has been absolutely fine on his own - I didn't want to risk getting another one incase they didn't hit it off. My remaining rat gets lots of love and doesn't seem to be lonely. Mine's a blue point siamese and he's gorgeous grin

lljkk Sun 26-Oct-08 09:39:50

Go to fancyrats, good advice there, they have a strong community (busy fora to post on), much experience to tap into. Most rat lovers would strongly advise you to try to get another rat.

That said, we were in same situ and our old rat has never accepted the 4 newcomers we got, although I made lots of mistakes in introducing them, so probably my fault.

singyswife Sun 26-Oct-08 16:59:18

Okay so I went to the pet shop today and typical of me I fell in love with 2 dumbo's. I brought them home and put them in the cage alongside my remaining rat and they are now all curled up together sleeping. They investigated each other for ages and now seem to be friends. I hope it was that easy.

lljkk Thu 30-Oct-08 16:17:26

[jaw drop] -- you are so lucky!! We tried for ages, but nothing would persuade our old rat to accept newcomers. sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: