Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have just recieved phone call that I have holiday...scam or not????

(8 Posts)
sweeneytodd Sat 25-Oct-08 07:52:44

hi everyone

apparently I have won a holidauy for 4 to Portugalgrin

but I am really not surehmm
I have to visit a holiday place in haydock to colllect my holiday voucher

I dont want to arrive there (as this is miles from where I live)and be told there is a catch

pls help anyone or has anyone experienced this?

thx

dilbertina Sat 25-Oct-08 07:55:39

scam - ignore it. Tis selling timeshare or similiar.

Jas Sat 25-Oct-08 07:55:41

they will try and sell you stuff. don't go

Heated Sat 25-Oct-08 07:59:37

It'll be timeshare or similar.

My father won an unexpected holiday through his wine club and everything was sent through the post and all he had to do choose and book - no expense or trouble on his part - and he had a fab time.

As soon as it does become a faff or money is involved, steer well clear.

AbbeyA Sat 25-Oct-08 08:13:12

If you say "Lovely-send me the tickets, but I am not going to a presentation" they put the phone down-it happens every time!!

LIZS Sat 25-Oct-08 08:42:31

scam , sorry . Timeshare, if probably under any other name . Your "free" holiday comes with all sorts of restrictions and strings attached.

kiddiz Sat 25-Oct-08 08:48:48

Before I registered with the Telephone preference service I used to regularly get phone calls telling me I had "won" a holiday. Usually as a result of being entered in a prize draw after answering a survey/questionaire. (which I know I haven't because I make a point of never completing surveys and questionaires!!!)I always used AbbeyA's response and I never recieved one of these holidays I have won.

I also want to know how come I am so successful at winning prize draws I haven't even entered yet I have never even won as much as a tenner on the lottery grin

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Sat 25-Oct-08 09:04:11

tis timeshare.

if it seems to good to be true, it is!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now