Talk

Advanced search

Charity wristband anyone?

(19 Posts)
SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 15:56:51

If anyone would like a charity wristband who hasn't already got one.. (they are getting trendy now.. MUST keep up with the kids! ).. then PURPLE wrist bands in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis trust are now available from the UK here...

Purple CF wristbands

They do child sizes too. My 12 year old DS has CF.

SJ x

dyzzidi Tue 08-Mar-05 16:06:05

I will go online and get my niece one! I feel a bit old to be wearing one and it would look strange with my work suits but I am the Auntie who always pays for the trendy things, sponsorships, charity donations etc as she is 14 and her mum is a single parent.

I am obviously a soft touch. But Love helping put charity's

jampots Tue 08-Mar-05 16:23:48

i will be buying some as my friend's boy has CF - have just msn'ed her the link and she is sending it round all her friends and contacts too so thanks Jess x

Janh Tue 08-Mar-05 16:28:43

DS2 wants one (to add to his vast collection) - he hadn't heard of CF so I told him about it, a bit more awareness has to be a good thing (dunno if he'll remember what I said though!)

I've asked him to ask if any of his friends want one too before we order his.

Thanks, SJ

SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 16:44:47

Thanks guys.. you're the best! Please do pass the link to anyone and everyone and post the link on any other sites you use, if this is allowed.

Here it is again.. purple CF wristbands

SJ x

SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 16:47:29

Ooops, this rather

Purple CF wristbands

SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 17:55:37

little bump

SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 22:46:35

Sorry to keep bumping this.. just want to spread the word.

sallystrawberry Tue 08-Mar-05 22:52:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SleepyJess Tue 08-Mar-05 22:55:27

Thanks Sally. I hope your friend's daughter DOESN'T have it.. but if she does, it's not the end of the world.. just feels like it at first. Good luck with your assignment.

SJ x

SleepyJess Wed 09-Mar-05 10:42:40

another bump "yawn.. yawn"

purple CF charity wristbands!

SJ x

SleepyJess Thu 10-Mar-05 14:30:08

last bump and then I will bugger off!

SleepyJess Sat 26-Mar-05 21:50:09

Am bumping this again as have just looked on Ebay and am scandalised by all the different charity bands on sale that have been bought at the original price..and are being resold for vast profit by private sellers! Buy a purple CF one here and know ALL the proceeds are going straight to the cystic fibrosis trust!

SJ x

Yorkiegirl Sun 03-Apr-05 23:21:02

Message withdrawn

JanH Sun 03-Apr-05 23:31:31

Oh, and talking of vast profits - discovered today an ebay shop selling the blue bullying bands (which were FREE from the BBC, paid for with TAXPAYERS' MONEY) for 99p each and charging £7.01 p&p

giraffeski Mon 04-Apr-05 00:08:03

Message withdrawn

hannahsaunt Mon 04-Apr-05 11:07:50

CF Awareness week is 16-24 April with the campaign being launched by Richard & Judy (feel strangely affectionate towards them now!). T-shirts on sale from Asda from 15 April - all proceeds to CF.

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 10:15:37

Bumper bump

LeahE Tue 05-Apr-05 10:51:40

A radio programme the other week said a lot of the charities are keeping bands back and selling them on eBay at the original price specifically to undermine the ... umm ... individuals who like to sell them on at inflated prices.

Also bump...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now