Talk

Advanced search

HOW TO REMOVE A TEA STAIN FROM A CREAM CARPET

(7 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Tue 08-Mar-05 12:47:14

My sister moved into her new house last week and has already knocked over a cup of tea on the carpet. She's renting so desperately needs to get rid of the strain before the landlord notices. She has tried numerous cleaning products from the supermarket but they haven't completely cleared it. Any suggestions please? TIA x

nutcracker Tue 08-Mar-05 12:50:37

Hmmmm my dad used his wallpaper steamer to steam a mark out of his carpet. I think he said he sprayed the mark first with a tiny bit of very diluted washing up liqued and then put the steamer on it, and it worked a treat.

Titania Tue 08-Mar-05 12:53:04

vanish oxiaction spray is excellent. we have a cream carpet too and DH knocked hot chocolate over on it!!! EEK!!! came up a treat though.!

SPARKLER1 Tue 08-Mar-05 16:34:36

Thanks. Anymore?

Snugs Tue 08-Mar-05 16:41:45

I'd go the steam route (unless it's a 100% wool carpet cos that would shrink) - and use lots of kitchen paper to keep mopping at the stain.

Branster Tue 08-Mar-05 16:44:45

I was going to suggest exactly what Titania said. It does work this stuff, honestly.

milliways Tue 08-Mar-05 16:52:33

Vanish Powershot got out dried in tea/coffee stain that had resisted all else for us. (Pinkish carpet)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: