Talk

Advanced search

What's a good 2nd baby present?

(8 Posts)
BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Tue 21-Oct-08 16:47:32

Especially when baby number 2 is the same sex as baby number 2. I always struggle to think of something and usually end up getting a baby toy or a teether or something.

What do you get?

compo Tue 21-Oct-08 16:49:10

voucher maybe?
muslin cloths, you always need more with a newborn
new bibs cos the old ones will be grotty
always nice to have new vests, sleepsuits, grobag for a new lo
or a lovely picture for the baby's bedroom
or a bottle of bubbly

BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Tue 21-Oct-08 17:35:09

Bottle of bubbly is a nice idea.

I reckon most people have plenty of muslins, vests, bibs, gros etc.

JanieK Tue 21-Oct-08 20:40:13

Vests or babygros in sizes 6mth plus.

When I had ds all my baby gifts were in 0-3mth or 3-6mth and had nothing bigger.

FiendishFairyFay Tue 21-Oct-08 20:41:58

Something for the babies room
A meal / homemade cake for the parents is also very much appreciated, especially if it's also suitable for DC1 to eat

MrsMattie Tue 21-Oct-08 20:42:28

I'd really like keepsake stuff for my 2nd baby (due imminently) - stuff like photo albums, a memory box, nice photo frame etc, cute little frivolous bits and bobs - as we have all the clothes, toys and practical stuff we need.

Or alternatively, just bring me flowers / cake / bubbly grin

yousaidit Tue 21-Oct-08 20:42:37

ooh, i would love babygroes from next in newborn size so i could use them all the time coz until my dd was 3m i just always had her in babygroes!!! Also, like prev poser, a bottle of fizz for mum and dad, or flowers rather than present??? i loved geting flowers!!!!

mm22bys Wed 22-Oct-08 15:56:25

Flowers and champagne for the mother (especially if baby no 2 is the same sex as baby no 1)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now