Talk

Advanced search

Dry spray shampoo -I have had a revelation.....

(17 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Tue 21-Oct-08 13:45:07

I know it sounds scuzzy but I really don't get the chance to wash my hair every day and quite hate doing so. I have just bought James Brown dry shampoo and it has changed my life, it is amazing and means I can get away with the nursery drop off after a night from hell and no shower. I wanted to pass it on as i had no idea a product like this existed..

That is all x

lilymolly Tue 21-Oct-08 13:47:05

thanks

I use talculm powder when hair is a bit greasy blush

Will try that one

Oliveoil Tue 21-Oct-08 13:48:55

it is a bit small though, doesn't last very long

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 21-Oct-08 13:49:52

yeah I know the canister is small..maybe for handbag?

Bride1 Tue 21-Oct-08 13:51:10

I've been using Batiste for years in similar circumstances. Good stuff.

schneebly Tue 21-Oct-08 13:51:59

I used the Batiste stuff when I was a scuzzy student - could do with some today actually blush In my defence I dont have a shower and it is a PITA washing with a jug.

southeastastra Tue 21-Oct-08 13:53:05

ew my sister used that in the 70s - was like shake n vac

tonton Tue 21-Oct-08 14:39:15

I go through cans of Batiste. it is a godsend!

MurderousMarla Tue 21-Oct-08 14:42:05

Can you get it in Boots? If so is it with normal shampoo?

My hair can last two days without needing washing, but by lunchtime on the second day it starts to look a bit crap. I put up with it because it's long-ish and take ages to dry/straighten.

1wish Tue 21-Oct-08 14:45:58

They sell batiste in Tescos and boots for £1.99 the tropical one is really lovely, particulary handy if like me you have dry ends and greasy roots and constantly washing and straightening your hair would kill it!! It's alot better than it used to be as well grin I couldn't live without mine

NorbertDentressangle Tue 21-Oct-08 14:48:34

I didn't realise that you could still buy dry shampoo.

I remember it being a new and exciting product in the 80s (?) but thought it had disappeared

tonton Tue 21-Oct-08 15:53:05

It's certainly still pretty widely avaiklable. usually sits with speciality shampoos like ones for itchy scalps.
Hair dressers love Batiste! It's much better than talc (doesn't make your hair white). Can buy it in boots.

PuppyMonkey Tue 21-Oct-08 15:54:41

Great for greasy fringe when the rest of your hair is ok too...

brimfull Tue 21-Oct-08 15:55:35

love dry shampoo ,tis a lifesaver

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 21-Oct-08 18:29:16

Yes I got it in the James brown section in Boots - v cool product. I think it is making a comeback - quite right too!

DoubleBluff Tue 21-Oct-08 18:32:38

Batisite is great when you have to do the school run before going to the gym.
I donot like washing my hair before going but feel blush by my greasy hair. Result!

Buckets Sat 25-Oct-08 19:05:44

Wow, do people have to wash their hair everyday then? Honestly naive question! I'm lucky if mine gets washed twice in a week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: