Talk

Advanced search

ebay question

(14 Posts)
hercules Mon 07-Mar-05 21:04:14

I bought a tent for £150 on ebay and they cheque we sent for it cleared on feb 28th but we still havent received it. We emailed him on Sat and he said he will cheque his account first and we've heard nothing since. We emailed him earlier today but as yet had no response.

What can we do or should we do nothing yet?

cloudy Mon 07-Mar-05 21:07:36

You are supposed to wait 30 days after an auction before raising a fuss, that's Ebay rules, somewhere. I would keep emailing. Was his feedback good?

hercules Mon 07-Mar-05 21:14:38

Thanks. His feedback was good.

crystaltips Mon 07-Mar-05 21:17:10

eBay never ceases to surprise me - I am currently in the middle of an email battle as someone is cross that I am not merging postage. They bought 2 items. I stated that postage was £3 and £5 respectively. The actual cost to post is £7.75 and they are quibbling the 25p ... FFS

pixiefish Mon 07-Mar-05 21:18:30

request his personal details and then phone him to ask him. Far easier than messing around with emails try here

pixiefish Mon 07-Mar-05 21:20:25

crystaltips- tell them its for postage and packing and that they knew the price before bidding and if they weren't happy they shouldn't have bid.

crystaltips Tue 08-Mar-05 09:51:06

pf - just emailed saying that he is more than welcome to cancel the bid. I am getting pissed off. I will not be bullied ... even if I get negative feedback

MrsBigD Tue 08-Mar-05 09:55:46

hercules -
I'd say the seller is still o.k. as at least he replied to you saying that he'll check his account. I'd give him 1 day and then chase him again ;) I just ordered something and was told I won't get it till next week due to sickness. I don't mind really as long as I'm being informed

crystaltips -
if he leave neg feedback then you can put a comment against it or try and get ebay to cancel it. The latter being next to impossible as ebay usually sends the standart reply a la 'try and sort it out amongst each other'... considering they're getting lots of cash of listers and paypal fees you'd really think they'd pull finger a bit better. But all they do is shovel in the money and sit on their lazy butts

Can ya tell I'm fed up with ebay? I've still got lots of stuff to sell but I'm so fed up with their fees.

Satine Tue 08-Mar-05 09:57:56

In case any potential ebayers are thinking I'll never go near it now - I bought two items recently and the seller waived the postage on the second - the items were only a couple of pounds each and he ended up spending £4.40 postage and only charged me £2! I am v grateful to him and just wanted to post one positive message, although I also realise how infuriating it can be when bidders don't payer or sellers don't send stuff!!

hercules Tue 08-Mar-05 18:12:30

just phoned him and he's out of the country but his family will tell him.

pixiefish Tue 08-Mar-05 18:34:05

Personally i'd cancel it anyway crystaltips. And then put him on my blocked bidders list. He can't do anything to you until he buys it.

breeze Tue 08-Mar-05 19:39:48

If chq was send on 28th Feb, he wont have received it until at least the 1st of March. he probably would allow for cheque to clear as such a large amount, so thats another week.

I would not worry, if his feedback is good, I would wait a few more days.

breeze Tue 08-Mar-05 19:39:49

If chq was send on 28th Feb, he wont have received it until at least the 1st of March. he probably would allow for cheque to clear as such a large amount, so thats another week.

I would not worry, if his feedback is good, I would wait a few more days.

breeze Tue 08-Mar-05 19:40:16

oops, didn't mean to post twice sorry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: