Talk

Advanced search

eBay .... what's the secret.....

(7 Posts)
crystaltips Mon 07-Mar-05 12:20:51

I have just sent off a load of parcels of stuff that I have sold on eBay - and I feel miffed as loads of people have got great bargains .....

Question is : How come I am selling my stuff at knock down prices - and yet I cannot find the bargains myself ??

worriedfriend Mon 07-Mar-05 12:29:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rickman Mon 07-Mar-05 12:32:42

Message withdrawn

crystaltips Mon 07-Mar-05 12:40:49

It would only let me put a reserve of £50 ... which I couldn't understand. [cross]

Nope the postage is fine ... couple of times I've lost out

SOld it all - it was skiing stuff

and a terrible jumper that MIL gave DH. Worth £70 and went for £19!!! FFS !

Fimbo Mon 07-Mar-05 12:43:26

I am always amazed at the prices people are prepared to pay for things. Some Next stickarounds sold for £18.00 the other day (inc p & p of £2) - they were new but you can buy them from the shop for £8.99. I was going to bid for a duvet and pillowcase again a Next one thinking it would be cheap because second-hand. The current price is £12.50 and p & p £4.00 - you can buy it new from the shop for £16.99!! Its crazy.

debs26 Mon 07-Mar-05 12:43:48

reserves always put me off as i feel seller is keeping a secret from me. dont see point, just start listing at higher price. have you tried buy it now?

katzguk Mon 07-Mar-05 12:46:53

i ahd the odd bargin like the travel system i collected yesterday for £20 but msotly i've bought things i just can't get elsewhere!

Craft stuff sells well and people will pay over the odds for it. Sold a paper collection book for £12 plus £2 p and p and you get them then for 8.99!!! also sold a secondhand breast pump which i picked up at a nearly new sale for £5 (i wanted one bit that annoying little white valve) and then sold it on for £15!!!! some people are just plain daft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now