Talk

Advanced search

if-for discount purposes-my electrical shop has put on my receipt that my purchase is "damaged" will I have a problem if I need to claim on insurance?

(4 Posts)
cutekids Sat 18-Oct-08 18:08:31

We purchased a tv with cash this morning and the manager let us have the tv and the stand for £500.00.Of course they wanted us to have 5 year cover on it for which I had to pay with my credit card.Anyway,because they wanted us to take their insurance out,they decided to let us have their 5yr cover for the price of their 3yr cover.However,the assistant explained to me,that they're not allowed to sell insurance cheaper really so they've knocked it off the price of the telly.Thing is,on the receipt i've noticed it says "damaged" even though it isn't.Could this cause me problems if anything should happen with either their insurance or the first year warranty with the manufacturer?
(SORRY SO LONG!!!)

cutekids Sat 18-Oct-08 18:14:17

anyone?

MrVibrating Sat 18-Oct-08 19:40:37

If I were you I would check out prices in other shops and on line. If you still think you have got a good deal, go back to the shop and insist that they give you a receipt that does not say damaged, or a letter that explains the damage. Then go home and cancel the insurance (you have a 45 day cooling-off period) - it is not worth it.

If you don't think you got a good deal, as soon as they start protesting about the receipt start asking for all your money back. You don't have a right to this (because you agreed to buy the telly for £500) but you do have the right to a receipt which accurately describes the item purchased. When they decide to amend the receipt, revert to plan A above.

cutekids Sun 19-Oct-08 16:51:39

well I rang the store this morning and they told me that their policy over-rides the manufacturerer's warranty anyway so i would only have to deal with them whichever.However,I said I didn't feel comfortable with having DAMAGED written on my receipt so they did a refund and issued me with a new receipt saying MANAGERS REDUCTION or something like that.smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: