Talk

Advanced search

What makes a good beauty salon/beauty therapist?

(9 Posts)
pinkmamma Mon 07-Mar-05 07:36:29

I am looking into setting up a new beauty/holistic salon and would love to hear your views on what makes a good salon/therapist? Also maybe a favourite treatment
Thanks

suzywong Mon 07-Mar-05 07:40:38

one you don't think is constantly trying to flog you the products
one who explains all the procedures yet doesn't jabber constantly
on that listens to what you want/are concerned about

Just nice and friendly and acts like they have the time for you

Bearess Mon 07-Mar-05 20:07:48

one where you get the time you have paid for i.e. if it is an hour facial then you get an hour, assuming you have turned up on time of course. And it should be nice and clean and relaxing!

nailpolish Mon 07-Mar-05 20:09:20

great music in the background. not being rushed. fave treatment is spray tan!

Smurfgirl Mon 07-Mar-05 20:16:35

I like it when they explain everything. I knew my current beauty therapist was for me when she told me that she did not want to do a procedure on me because I did not need it. She never rushes me, and always explains what she is doing and why.

Earlybird Mon 07-Mar-05 20:39:30

Relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Many salons are pretentious, and that is definitely not relaxing! Spotlessly clean for beauty therapy area.

One last thing is that the therapist be generally on time. It's unbelievable the number of times I've been made to wait a significant amount of time because "the person before me arrived late". In my book, if they're late, they should then receive an abbreviated treatment. Bad timekeeping because of inconsiderant clients is a huge irritant for me, and has caused me to leave several salons.

pinkmamma Thu 10-Mar-05 07:36:22

Thanks for taking time to reply. All your messages are noted and very helpful.

myermay Thu 10-Mar-05 08:56:48

Message withdrawn

pinkmamma Sat 12-Mar-05 18:31:30

hi myermay, will be a fair old while before it gets off the ground... if i manage it that is. it would either be in surrey area or sw wales. good luck for job hunt - you thought of going self employed? much better wage than salon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now