Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Support thread for people who's dh/dp/dw are out of work

(17 Posts)
2shoesdrippingwithblood Sat 18-Oct-08 09:17:25

Dh is and I always find it bloody hard as he gets so fed up.
anyone else out there?

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Sat 18-Oct-08 09:28:27

Not at the moment thank god, but DH didn't get paid for 3 months in his last job then was jobless for a month so I know how hellish it can be. {{hugs}}

lucysmam Sat 18-Oct-08 16:09:46

2shoes, yeah me!!

He hasn't been paid by the last agency he worked for for about 4 weeks now so has signed on.

Is very fed up & we're arguing loads! You're definately not the only one smile

2shoesdrippingwithblood Sat 18-Oct-08 22:19:12

dh has been paid, but not the right amount. Oh I hate it. he is in the building trade so i should be used to it by now.

mamalovesmambo Sat 18-Oct-08 22:36:36

Thanks for the thread 2shoes xx DH back in work, but I just lost job yesterday..... 2nd time this fsrkin year sad angry shock!!!!!!!!!!!!

dp lost his job in July and hasn't found another one yet.

Still waiting to hear about some benefits and things are fairly tight.

Also, he's here all the time!

2shoesdrippingwithblood Sat 18-Oct-08 23:01:56

doesn't it just make you scream. I love dh and we are ok, but he needs to work. he hates not working.

2shoesdrippingwithblood Sat 18-Oct-08 23:02:57

mamalovesmambosad

yeah, 2shoes, I love dp as well. I'm ok but I think he's struggling a bit (well, actually I know he's struggling but whether that's just down to not working or whether there are other factors, I'm not so sure)

I know he is really good at his job as well, so it's doubly frustrating because loads of people are missing out on having him when I am kind of stuck with him (iykwim)

2shoesdrippingwithblood Sat 18-Oct-08 23:15:08

oh I so know that feeling. I is so annoying, dh can't drive(health) so it limits jobs.

RupertTheBear Sun 19-Oct-08 07:43:28

Thanks for this thread - so sorry for everyone else in the same situation as us. My dh was sacked on Friday (I have a whole other thread about it) so it is very early days for us. Neither of us has slept for days now (we knew it was coming for a week or so).
I am still hopeful that he will get another job, but our mortgage is huge so it will need to be a job at a similar level to what he was doing before which seems unlikely. Still his recruitment consultant seems positive - but I think it's their job to be positive.

lucysmam Sun 19-Oct-08 10:04:13

My oh doesn't drive either 2shoes, not because he can't, we just can't afford a car! sad

Rupert, I agree it's their job to be positive but you never know it could be genuine positiveness (is that even a word?)

Squonk, I lol @ "stuck with him", that's the most frustrating thing IMO. Mine's really trying hard to be helpful around the house etc. but I think he finds it hard being stuck here because we don't have the cash to go anywhere other than once a fortnight & at least myself and the lo have toddlers when we can be arsed to trek there

Tas1 Sun 19-Oct-08 10:12:21

DH was made redundant back in July. We posted his CV on every agency website we could find and thank god he was back in full time emloyment within three weeks.
I know we were VERY lucky he found work so quickly, a friend of ours who was made redundant back in May is still looking.

My heart goes out to you, it was the worst month of our lives and very worrying.
Thinking of you all.

2shoesdrippingwithblood Mon 20-Oct-08 21:20:08

so how are we all?
we are good. dh is happier. sounds odd but now he knows that people are dropping like flies in the building game. I think he knows he has no choice but to sign on. sadly now someone has strted one of those stupid threads so I am feeling pissed off.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 20-Oct-08 23:20:55

Message withdrawn

RupertTheBear Tue 21-Oct-08 20:17:30

I am feeling a bit better now - I think the shock and panic has worn off a bit. We sat down and did a budget last night and if we spend NOTHING extra we are ok until January (well, we will have no savings left but we can still pay bills etc.)
Deliberately not thinking about Christmas yet...

lucysmam Wed 22-Oct-08 14:17:37

Well, my oh has applied for about 10 jobs since Monday, not heard anything yet but fingers crossed there's something out there!

Budget super tight but I have written everything down that we can and can't afford until he finds something.

2shoes, my oh hates signing on, possibly because they look at you like you can force someone to give you a job in our local Jobcentre. I've even started looking for something part time to ease the pressure a bit so long as MIL will have the lo I don't mind going back to work. Although I don't feel very well equipped for it at all after 3 years off work!

How is everyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now