Talk

Advanced search

What's the best conditioner for de tangeling girls hair ??

(27 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 13:45:16

What conditioner would you recomend for my 3 year old daughter?
She has long auburn hair which is streight at the top but falls in ringlets. It's quite thick and tangles easily.
We've just ran out of johnsons baby conditioner, and fancied somthing new. It must smell lovely, and work well on tangles.
Thanks. smile

aintnomountainhighenough Thu 16-Oct-08 13:55:39

MLL I use my own conditioner (pantene) at bathtime but also use a spray leave in conditioner sometimes but always after swimming. You can get childrens ones but I use a Boots one as it smells like coconut and my DD loves it!

mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 14:08:56

Thanks, I wonder what the difference is in adult and childrens conditioner?
She has sensitive skin so I've always used baby products or childrens.
The coconut conditioner sounds lovely. smile

Anna8888 Thu 16-Oct-08 14:17:06

I have always used Pantene ie proper adult conditioner on my DD's hair.

Make sure you get the ends trimmed by a proper hairdresser (wet cut) to prevent tangling.

hana Thu 16-Oct-08 14:32:25

aussie stuff is great. dd has incredibly thick hair and it works a treat

mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 14:34:56

Yes, she is due for another trim. Her last one was just before the summer holidays.

Anna8888 Thu 16-Oct-08 14:37:03

I took my DD (3.11) to the hairdressers with me in August for a "proper" cut and it has really made a huge difference to the tangling (she has very long straight hair). It also looks great smile

TheFallenMadonna Thu 16-Oct-08 14:39:50

I would second the Assie range. I use the leave in spray conditioner for dd.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 16-Oct-08 14:40:03

Assie? Aussie.

someone (expat?) mentioned a special brush once time. it's specifically for tangles and apparently doesn't hurt.
don't remember what it's call though sorry! <no help at all>

mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 14:50:33

I take my daughter to a childrens salon, she sits on a fair ground pony whatching a DVD while they cut her hair. She loves it. grin She then gets a balloon and a packet of yogurt coated raisens.
It's quite an occasion for her.

mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 14:51:45

The special brush sounds great, I'll try to google it. grin

smartiejake Thu 16-Oct-08 14:52:32

Another vote for the Boots leave-in coconut conditioner. DD2 has the thickest tangliest hair around and it works a treat. She uses conditioner when she washes her hair too.
The brush is called the "Tangle teaser" I keep meaning to get one for DD but haven't got round to it. It was invented by someone who went on Dragons den and its now sold all over the world!
here

expatinscotland Thu 16-Oct-08 14:53:20

tangle teaser all the way

Spidermama Thu 16-Oct-08 14:54:54

My dd had terribly tangly hair but when I used ordinary conditioner it looked heavy and greasy. An awful combination.

Then I found Aveda Smooth Infusion.

Now her hair is soft like silk, easy to comb, and beautiful.

Aveda. Because she's worth it. wink

It's about fifteen quid a bottle mind. shock

Aitch Thu 16-Oct-08 15:02:14

tangle teaser is a tenner... wink

expatinscotland Thu 16-Oct-08 15:03:29

love that brush so much, DD2 has her own one, too.

expatinscotland Thu 16-Oct-08 15:03:31

love that brush so much, DD2 has her own one, too.

mummyloveslucy Thu 16-Oct-08 15:05:42

Fantastic, I'll buy her a tangle teaser and some Aveda smooth infusion.

Is that for a big bottle ? How long does it last?

It's worth it not to have her upset every morning when I'm doing her hair.

I even concidered having it cut a lot shorter to avoid it causing her pain.

Spidermama Thu 16-Oct-08 15:56:37

I think it's well worth it. It's a big-ish tube/bottle and it smells absolutely gorgeous. You only need a small amount and my dd's hair experience has been transformed by it.

lulumama Thu 16-Oct-08 16:00:00

just to be the lone voice of dissent vis a vis aveda and tangle teaser wink

i use conditioning shampoo on DDs curls, then blot the water off it, use a leave in conditioner and comb through with wide toothed comb.

then in the mornings, i spray in boots coconut and almond leave in spray conditioner mixed with some water and comb it

et voila !

jalopy Thu 16-Oct-08 16:14:37

Tangle teezer. It's brilliant. Definitely worth the £10 even though it looks like an unattractive horse brush.

jalopy Thu 16-Oct-08 16:16:23

I forgot to add. I don't need to use any conditioner on my daughter's head when using this brush.

pinkmagic1 Thu 16-Oct-08 16:21:20

Definitely agree with those who say the aussie range is fab. DD is half North African and has very curly, frizzy, almost afro hair and I couldn't live without the Aussie Miracle hair insurance leave in conditioner. It says to use it on wet hair but I also use it on her dry as a detangler. Iv'e tried everything, including products for afro hair and this is the best stuff by far.

twentynine Thu 16-Oct-08 16:22:41

Boots leave in coconut conditioner - we both use it - it's fab and it smells yummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now