Talk

Advanced search

Nasty chain letter.

(10 Posts)
singsong Sun 06-Mar-05 04:08:51

Just received a nasty chain email. It has a picture of a young man in a hospital bed with a dead woman lying under the bed. The mail says the picture was taken in hospital after an accident in which the man was responsible for the young woman’s death. It then instructs that the message must be forwarded to at least 5 people and threatens that the woman will hunt you down and kill you for your soul if you don’t forward the message. It then gives a couple of examples of people who got the message and didn’t forward it and tells of how they were murdered by the woman.
Does anyone know where you can report such messages to?
It was sent to me by a friend which makes me cross that she would send such a thing but I guess she has sent it because it scared her.

singsong Sun 06-Mar-05 04:15:04

Why have numbers appeared in my post? Anyway where it has displayed #8217 I wrote a comma if that makes it any clearer.

misdee Sun 06-Mar-05 07:47:27

i've seen that one. its creepy. a friend of mine sends me all that stuff, i just delete it.

stitch Sun 06-Mar-05 08:03:39

i tend to delete all chain letters. good or bad ones. they just get on my nerves.
and if your friend keeps sending them to you, send her a polite email asking her not to.

Davros Sun 06-Mar-05 15:26:24

Delete it, tell her she can be scared but don't scare you too. They're all rubbish.

Mud Sun 06-Mar-05 16:16:10

delete it and then email her and ask her not to perpetuate such obvious crap by sending it on

chain letters are bunkum

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 06-Mar-05 16:46:22

delete them. If it worries you and you want to send it on then CAT me and I'll delete it. Can't believe that people send such rubbish.

happymerryberries Sun 06-Mar-05 16:50:42

It is a load of balls, just delete it and forget it.

lou33 Sun 06-Mar-05 16:52:19

load of crap, get rid, or cat me and i will get rid for you

singsong Sun 06-Mar-05 21:26:58

Thanks. I know its a load of crap, I don't feel I need to forward the message to save my soul it just makes me angry and I wish there was some way to stop such rubbish. I think people start this type of messages to try to overload email systems with everyone frantically trying to forward messages. I guess the only way to stop them would be for everyone who receives them to delete them but I doubt that will happen as too many people are sucked in by them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now