Talk

Advanced search

DH got beaten up on our doorstep!

(38 Posts)
sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 18:45:23

Yesterday I had a headache and went to lay down before dinner, and DH came and woke me up after 1/2 hour. He had opened the door and a friend's ex boyf was standing on the doorstep, he punched DH in the face and hit him repeatly round the head. Now some of you will remember that Dh's friend's baby died last year and this was her ex. He said it was for lying to him and walked away. We haven't had contact with the girl for 3 months and haven't seen her. We can't work out what its was all about, but we can't call the police as he is a very nasty piece of work and he would get his friends here to finish us off. All doors are locked and Dh isn't going out at the mo.

NomDePlume Sat 05-Mar-05 18:46:30

OMG. Poor you xxxx

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Mar-05 18:47:18

Sparkly - how awful. I hate hearing about things like this. It's awful when you can't even feel safe in your own home.

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 18:48:08

he did it in front of my kids too,

HunkerMunker Sat 05-Mar-05 18:48:08

Oh, Mieow - you poor things! How horrible for you all

HunkerMunker Sat 05-Mar-05 18:48:32

to hear that, hun - what a nasty bastard. Hugs to you all xxxxxx

whymummy Sat 05-Mar-05 18:52:19

that's awful
have you told your dh's friend?

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 18:59:17

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Sat 05-Mar-05 19:00:27

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 19:02:04

I wanted to call the police to begin with but DH told me that if we did we would have to move and go into hiding.

whymummy Sat 05-Mar-05 19:02:12

sounds pretty bad,do you think he'll come back?are your children ok?

pixiefish Sat 05-Mar-05 19:02:38

OMG. Hope he's ok soon. poor you all

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 19:05:43

don't know TBH. D is very well known in this area and not a bloke to mess with. BIL wanted to go and shot him with his crossbow!!

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 19:09:08

What did I marry into??? Dh keeps away from the old crowd because he wanted a new life and is happy with our little family and house, and people keep dragging us into their f*cked up lifes!

LittleRedRidingHood Sat 05-Mar-05 19:24:28

OMG Mieow thats a terrible situation to be in. If i were you i would want to move anyway - to a totally new town/city - just for the sake of a new start, new friends - not purely running away from the old crowd - more for the new start it would offer

Hope the situation improves soon!

coppertop Sat 05-Mar-05 19:26:34

OMG!

whymummy Sat 05-Mar-05 19:30:29

i agree with littleredridinghood i would have to move,mieow they're just jealous of your new life that's why they won't leave you alone.
LOL @the crossbow

misdee Sat 05-Mar-05 19:31:17

move move!!

ScummyMummy Sat 05-Mar-05 19:36:50

So sorry to hear this, sparklymieow. No advice- I think I'd want to move far away from this situation too but I'm guessing there are other strong reasons for staying?

LittleRedRidingHood Sat 05-Mar-05 19:42:41

Oh i am glad its not just me that thought you should move Mieow - If you did you could still stay in touch with the good bits of your current life but would be able to totally detatch yourself from this mess. And your dh could get some NICE friends - and your kids would not need to be frightened of this happening again {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 20:34:29

The thing is I CAN'T move. The kids are settled in their schools. The hospital knows the kids and we have only just got a decent physio, SAL teacher knows the kids well, GOS is only a 20 minute train ride from here, and the team there know DS very very well. The GP knows the family and the kids disabilities well. My neighbour is great and I live just over from the hospital (which is very handy) and my parents (who are only real source of support) live about 5 mins away.

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 20:36:59

and why should we move? because D can't let S go! and at the end of the day, DH hasn't even enjoyed the shag, and I refuse to be to run out of town. SIL was ran out of town 5 years ago, and I ain't going to scared.

LittleRedRidingHood Sat 05-Mar-05 20:41:33

Scrummy Mummy was right about the strong reasons then! {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

SenoraPostrophe Sat 05-Mar-05 20:41:37

Don't know what to say, mieow.

As it goes though, would it really be that bad if you went to the police? nothing has happened to S, i take it?

But if it was a coke rage it's unlikely to happen again, I would have thought.

Maybe get some extra locks though.

sparklymieow Sat 05-Mar-05 20:45:50

D can't get to S atm as she has a court injuction against him. He did beat her up in January (quite badly from what I have heard) which is when she got the injuction. I so want to go to the police, believe me! But D is topdog in this area, he is always off his face on Coke and he keeps getting taken in by the police and let out again,.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now