Talk

Advanced search

Talk condoms to me

(24 Posts)
SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:41:25

I know how to give you exciting topics don't I?

Not bought them in years, and when I went to the other day there were so many.

Mates were easy - just the one type and about the cheapest.

Durex had about 5 different types - you had extra thin which sounded risky, extra thick which sounded scary and all manner of inbetween.

I am scared of them breaking anyway, so come give me words of wisdom on best purchases and share stories of failed contraception (silly not to scare the crap out of me)

mrsmortenharket Mon 13-Oct-08 15:43:17

depends on what you like grin

Tortington Mon 13-Oct-08 15:43:18

if you dont want to get pregnant - then get another form of contraception for you too.

NomDePlume Mon 13-Oct-08 15:43:46

Durex extra sensitive were the ones I used to use.

mrsbabookaloo Mon 13-Oct-08 15:44:40

I disagree: nothing wrong with condoms. You can get them for free from family planning. I can't tell the difference between different types. Think they are all safe if you use them properly.

poppy34 Mon 13-Oct-08 15:45:45

can give you story of non failed contraception... have worked fine for me and dh

also I found that some of the lubricants/spermicide made me itch so i quite like avanti (non latex I think) which doesnt create an issue

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 13-Oct-08 15:46:39

OK, there are latex (most of 'em) and non-latex - Avanti spring to mind. Some folk are sensitive/allergic to latex, and Avanti is resistant to mineral oils (latex condoms rot fast) so ideal if you like that kind of play, but they're more expensive.

Watch out for condoms with nonoxyl 9 - again some folk are sensitive and it's been suggested that it increases the risk of disease-transmission (if you're having a lot of sex).

Do look for pre-lubed condoms.

They do come in different sizes - Mates seem to be slightly "neater" than Durex, and Magnum is good if he's, er,large-ish. Extra-thin provide more feeling, extra-thick are for anal.

Never double-bag.

Um, anything else?

SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:47:37

It is a bridging gap thing Custardo.

I like the sound of non-latex though

SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:50:05

Oh I feel like I'm in a sex ed lesson

Have had a look at avanti and they are blimmin expensive shock. think I'll stick with the latex.

Can I be really stupid and ask what double bagging is?? blush

SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:50:33

look at this website logo!!!

wonderstuff Mon 13-Oct-08 15:53:04

double-bag = wearing 2 at once

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 13-Oct-08 15:53:18

"Double-bagging" is using two at the same time. It doesn't provide extra security and makes both more likely to come off/break.

Tortington Mon 13-Oct-08 15:54:02

all i know is i would n't trust my life on a condom on its own. putting it on right, not slipping off or splitting.

nah

i would be on ...
ORAL CONTRACEPTIVE
INTRA-UTERINE DEVICE (IUD
HORMONAL INJECTION: like the Pill these contain a hormone

STERILISATION ?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 13-Oct-08 15:54:40

Btw, this stuff is lots of fun. grin

(But not if he's a bit wilty)

FioFio Mon 13-Oct-08 15:56:38

Message withdrawn

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 13-Oct-08 15:57:15

Oooh, and don't bother with condoms that claim to delay his ejaculation (should that be an issue for you). "He" won't usually last long enough for the anaesthetic to kick in.

SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:58:38

wilty?? I think we may have some of that already - I vaguely remember buying something in that shape bottle a while back.

In all honesty I am much like Custy and can see us just not doing anything for the time period. I have never used just a condom before which is why I am a bit terrified.

I'm going to absorb all the information you lot have given me and go from there

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 13-Oct-08 16:16:31

Er, wilty, yes - you (or he) need a good strong stiffy, or the mint seems to increase wilting, dunno why. It's great for handjobs - dilute a wee bit with some other lube though, as the mint stuff seems to "dry out" quite fast.

>>leaves thread before she gives too much away<<

StayFrostyShiversDownMySpine Mon 13-Oct-08 16:18:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cazboldy Mon 13-Oct-08 16:20:32

I agree about using double contraception if a pg would be a disaster

My ds1 is nearly 12 now

condom broke and map failed!

He was meant to be smile

FioFio Mon 13-Oct-08 16:21:48

Message withdrawn

poppy34 Mon 13-Oct-08 17:23:10

pmsl at frosty

lou33 Mon 13-Oct-08 17:29:37

i think the mates condoms are smaller that durex, they are certainly more of a struggle to get on

WideWebWitch Mon 13-Oct-08 20:19:02

Oh don't say all this stuff about condoms, that's all we use, it's worked so far. Surely you don't need to use anything else as well as long as you use them properly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now