Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - please help me find a good quote that is similar to this one but by a British person...

(13 Posts)
katierocket Mon 13-Oct-08 14:40:52

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" Helen Keller (US author/lecturer)

am searching like mad but not come up with anything

katierocket Mon 13-Oct-08 14:49:40

sorry for bump so soon but really seeking inspiration!

brewanyone Mon 13-Oct-08 15:09:17

“Circumstances are beyond human control, but our conduct is in our own power.”

Benjamin Disraeli quotes (British Prime Minister and Novelist. 1804-1881)

Any Good??

brewanyone Mon 13-Oct-08 15:10:15

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”

C.S. Lewis quotes (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)

katierocket Mon 13-Oct-08 15:34:41

thanks brewanyone
I think I need something more inspirational /upbeat
It's driving me mad!

Marina Mon 13-Oct-08 15:37:19

Who dares, wins - the SAS. They're British wink

katierocket Mon 13-Oct-08 15:39:57

Marina - behave grin

jumpingbeans Mon 13-Oct-08 15:40:24

I like that one Marina

SpiderAteTheGrasshopper Mon 13-Oct-08 15:42:32

Delboy says it so clearly british wink

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 13-Oct-08 15:43:24

Winston Churchill has fair few to his name

Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened

flimflammum Mon 13-Oct-08 15:44:29

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can really go." T.S. Eliot

He was British

flimflammum Mon 13-Oct-08 15:46:42

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." Unknown

"It's no good running a pig farm for 30 years while saying 'I was meant to be a dancer.' By that time, pigs are your style." Quentin Crisp

grin
sorry, couldn't resist

katierocket Mon 13-Oct-08 21:30:52

LOVE the quentin crisp one that's brilliant. But not (unfortunately) appropriate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now