Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! -- display colours on cpu gone after going into safe mode

(9 Posts)
champs Fri 04-Mar-05 22:08:59

i am now out of safe mode but colours all washed out tried display settings but it is in lowest colours and cant move it. Help please

champs Fri 04-Mar-05 22:42:08

Cullster Fri 04-Mar-05 22:46:41

I think you may still be in safe mode. I know you said you were out of it but all the colors are gone. You need to shut down and start again. If it comes up asking safe mode again, say no. It should restore to normal settings.

champs Fri 04-Mar-05 23:13:11

not in safe mode. double checked and shut down. deff not in safe mode.

SPARKLER1 Fri 04-Mar-05 23:17:11

dh says need to get the right driver set up for the graphics card - whatever that means! I'm not very good at that stuff but he is!

HappyDaddy Fri 04-Mar-05 23:17:19

To double double check that you aren't in safe mode, yank the power lead out of the pc (not the monitor) and put it back in. Refuse the prompt for safe mode and go back in. Once at the desktop, right click on the background picture, select properties and then advanced. If the number of colours says 16, then you need to reload your graphics drivers. There should be an option for that in the properties window somewhere.
Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs.

champs Sat 05-Mar-05 00:32:43

ty so much for the help!! I have to admit tho that it was all my fault... i deleted a spyware file that has been bothering me but which my spyware killer left. I then decided i would delete other stuff that didn't need. I found some stuff and deleted.
when sparklers dh and HD told me to look at drivers i realised it was from same company as the ones i deleted!!! i have now restored them and colours are back to normal

tytyty

HappyDaddy Sat 05-Mar-05 01:15:38

My brother was once told to delete any files he didnt recognise to speed up the pc. He deleted the Windows folder and it was our mum's pc. I rushed round to fix it before she found out.

champs Sat 05-Mar-05 10:53:07

lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now