Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

oh HELP me...Why oh why is my baby crying, i can't take it anymore. i have had it up to here :(

(63 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:38:38

so i wasn't going to start any more threads on MN but i can't cope with this any more

ds1 still struggling with Y1, ds2 turned up to 11(too much to explain, if you don't know please don't ask!) and ds3 has spent the last 3 nights being awake more than he is asleep, feeding stupidly and just CRYING

I don't want reasons i want him to stop

He is fed, warm enough, not stomach achy, nappy clean, doesn't want cuddles....i just want him to stop

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:38:53

he is 7 months by the way

Tortington Mon 13-Oct-08 10:39:51

if he is ok

make yersel a brew

turn telly on

leave him

and have a brew

oh and cake

yum

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 13-Oct-08 10:40:41

is he normally a crybaby??? or is this new??

could he just need some calpol??

<<<mahoosive hugs tho as I had a DD3 who did this all the time>>>

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:41:28

thats what i have done

removed all the sheets from his cot, kettle boiling, have m,munched half a tin of terry's segsation things already blush(sod the diet!)

tatt Mon 13-Oct-08 10:41:49

if you can put him in a pushchair or car seat and go out for a walk. He will enjoy the fresh air and so will you.

Although you've said he's not stomach achy a lot of crying in babies is problems with something like milk intolerance or reflux causing pain. Give him baby probiotics.

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:42:20

no he isn't normally a cry-er not really

ds2 did it all the time but i knew it was a milk thing with him. DS3 is just crying

CarGirl Mon 13-Oct-08 10:42:36

it could be ear ache/bad teething have you given him pain relief. I know mine have had viral ear ache and been exactly like this - eventually gone to the drs in desperation and said oh it's def viral ear ache nothing we can do just pain relief, then it has suddenly stopped after about 5 days.

Large glass of wine half an hour before you go to bed so you snooze through the feeding better.

controlfreakyagain Mon 13-Oct-08 10:44:01

i know it's cliched..... but teeth??

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 13-Oct-08 10:44:21

could it be teeth?? if he is not normally like this then I would say he is feeling crappy and does not know why and so is crying.

have you got any calpol you can give him.....oooh, and maybe teething granuals too.

controlfreakyagain Mon 13-Oct-08 10:45:20

two votes for teeth!

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:46:41

will calpol after my cuppa (unless by some miracle he is asleep!)

I don't want to go for a walk yet tatt. I already did the school run and in about half an hour we will be out again picking ds2 up from nursery and then AGAIN to school for ds1 at 3 o clock. i brisk walk for about 45 mins 3 times a day at mo and am tiiired

just needed a moan - sorry!

controlfreakyagain Mon 13-Oct-08 10:47:34

you have a moan (but consider the calpol as well)!

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:48:05

teething granules never make it to my shopping list. i can't squeeze my shopping budget any tighter

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:49:14

tatt, its not the same kind of pain that ds2 had, although i know that he is obviously different.

Dropdeadfred Mon 13-Oct-08 10:49:43

why did you remove his sheets?

theSuburbanDryad Mon 13-Oct-08 10:49:51

Big sympathies from here - ds has also been a stroppy bugger lately. Have got appointment with GP at 11:10 to see whether he is just suffering from stroppy bugger-itis or whether he is actually ill.

Dh had to pick him up from nursery on Friday as he was running a temp, so maybe there's just something viral going round?

Custy makes sense - as usual!

WrongSideOfTwenty Mon 13-Oct-08 10:50:49

I know how you feel! I had a night like this earlier in the week. I just couldn't do anything to stop dd crying sad

Put on some music, then it doesn't seem so bad!

Tortington Mon 13-Oct-08 10:50:53

eat cake immediatley - tiz the law

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Oct-08 10:53:31

moved his sheets so he can't get stuck under them (he pulls them over his face if he can't find his muslin)

i know he is safe to be left crying for a bit if his sheets aren;t in there with him

custy i am eating my way thru a tin of terry's chocolate orange segsations at mo grin(no cake )

BCNS Mon 13-Oct-08 10:53:40

okay this is going to sound a bit daft.. but is there anyway you can do as little as possible today.. and just give him full on attention and hugs??..

If he's had the calpol.. and is still crying but you think he seems fine.. he might just be feeling grotty.. sickening for something and a hug might do it.

Dropdeadfred Mon 13-Oct-08 10:54:35

poor you
but poor him

tatt Mon 13-Oct-08 10:55:10

something cold from fridge for him to chew on? Teething ring maybe but anything you have that won't choke him.

BCNS Mon 13-Oct-08 10:56:13

You really do have total sympathies here.. I think we all remember being in exaclty the same position.

MurderousMarla Mon 13-Oct-08 10:57:02

poor baby, does he stop if you pick him up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now