Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weird feet - anyone else owning up?

(8 Posts)
Stuffedcat Sun 12-Oct-08 16:01:11

I blimmin hate my feet, to add to the cracked heels etc I have developed, over the last few years a kind of thick build up of skin on the top of the foot (sort of where a trouser leg hem would fall) the kind of build up some people get on knees and elbows.

I have to put it down to kneeling down and changing nappies over the last 3 years, does anyone else have it? does anyone know what I am talking about??! I have had several ‘goes’ at it with a cheese grater foot file – no success.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 12-Oct-08 16:03:21

You need to get some dry skin heel repair cream - they sell it in boots. Alternatively you can just get some emolient cream (about £1 a tub) at the chemist, put it on your heels, put plastic bags on your feet, elastic bands round the ankles and leave it overnight and then do the pumice stone thing to get rid of it.

I have freakish feet but only in that my toes all move independently!

BCNS Sun 12-Oct-08 16:03:38

apparently I have weirdy feet with webbed toes. personally I think they are okay as far as feet go and my toes are not webbed.

MarkStretch Sun 12-Oct-08 16:04:33

I have flat feet and roman toe. Much to the delight of my husband who thinks it is hilarious.

MrsMattie Sun 12-Oct-08 16:05:14

Oh, mine are ming. The third toes are 'hammer toes' (ewww). I find a hardcore pedicure once a month minimum sorts them out a bit, though.

BCNS Sun 12-Oct-08 16:05:20

regarding your heels.. exfoliate them.. moisturise and cover.. everytime you have an evening bath or shower!!

slug Sun 12-Oct-08 16:36:29

It may be worth getting your feet checked out by a podiatrist. I have those hard pads of skin because my feet are not properly aligned. My chiropodist made me some insoles which force my feet into alignment and hey presto, the hard skin wnet nad I walk much better these days. If you are not up for that, get some cracked heel balm with 25 percent urea. Boots does an own brand version. Works a treat.

Housemum Sun 12-Oct-08 16:44:29

Hmm, might try the cracked heel cream myself - I know what you mena, stuffedcat, I wore ankle strap shoes for most of last summer, and have a patch the size of a penny, guess it's where the anlke strap rubbed but wasn't painful so I didn't notice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now