Talk

Advanced search

OK CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT A TROLL IS????????????? AIMED FOR SEASONED MNETTERS

(16 Posts)
Nikkiemadisonandbump Sat 11-Oct-08 14:58:07

Ok, I'm new to MN, have posted a few things (you can check me if you want) I'm not a troll, atleast I don't think so!
I have been doing alot reading thru different things on here and the subject of some MNetters being a Troll has been discussed and I'm a little miffed as to what that could possibly mean!
Sorry if Im coming across a bit dumb but I honestly haven't got a clue!
Can someone explain it to me plz!
Ta xxxx

44christmaspuddingsinarow Sat 11-Oct-08 15:00:47

Some one who starts a post to be difficult and cause trouble on purpose.... sad That way they will get lots of attention and they crave attention so it helps them feel good.

best thing would be to ognore the post and let it drift of the radar - but they often dont get ignored and often have lots and lots of replies - just what the troll wanted sad

hecAteTheirBrains Sat 11-Oct-08 15:04:39

attention seeker
shit stirrer
bitch/bastard
joker
liar
piss taker

take your pick grin

I did read one thing that made it quite clear that EVERYONE who posts on an internet forum is a troll! It's long but it's funny! I trimmed it (yes really!) and stuck it on here

crispyduck Sat 11-Oct-08 15:04:56

Trolls crave attention...I agree

Nikkiemadisonandbump Sat 11-Oct-08 15:15:22

Hmmmmm I see what you guys mean!
So does anyone know of any Trolls?

44christmaspuddingsinarow Sat 11-Oct-08 15:37:50

There are plenty around every corner and many bridges on the internet. They pose in various disguises and come out when they are bored to try to create havoc.

WeLoveFabio Sat 11-Oct-08 15:41:20

Why do you want to know, mikkie? Surely best to leave them to it really hmm

Btw turn off caps when you post an OP smile

WeLoveFabio Sat 11-Oct-08 15:41:42

Nikkie sorry, typo

Nikkiemadisonandbump Sat 11-Oct-08 15:50:58

I was just curious as I have seen the word used alot in threads but nothing saying what it was etc, if you get what I mean, I just wanted to know what people meant! I like to be in the know, but then who doesn't!
Thanks for all your responses!

mumnosbest Mon 13-Oct-08 17:26:11

around here a troll is an ugly girl. It took me a while to realise what an mn troll is and that people weren't just getting personal lol. On a similar note for newbies, how do you leave smilies? I can do this one but if i write a word in brackets, it just says the word e.g. (smile)

MummyDoIt Mon 13-Oct-08 17:28:11

I know what one is but I never, ever spot them. Must be incredibly gullible.

Atroll Mon 13-Oct-08 17:31:29

Square brackets for the smileys.

[ grin ] without the spaces for grin

and so on.

cremolafoam Mon 13-Oct-08 17:31:36

use [] these brackets--------------> see right of message box

mumnosbest Mon 13-Oct-08 17:36:14

Thanx cremolafoam and Attoll, didn't even realise I had different brackets and now I've found 3 grin

ATroll Mon 13-Oct-08 17:39:57

PMSL at Attoll.

You need to look at my name again grin

mumnosbest Mon 13-Oct-08 17:45:55

sorry atroll, did read it right but fingers not doing wot brain tells them (typo). Time delay was me checking accronym list for PMSL ... best change ur trousers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now