Talk

Advanced search

children/safety/windows/climbing up.

(6 Posts)
pushchair Thu 09-Oct-08 11:39:44

My youngest two 2 and 4 have started [again-had this with 4 year old in the past already] climbing up at the windows in the living room [ground floor] and their bedroom [first floor] and I am paranoid that they could fall through. Spend time telling them not to do it and explain what could happen but of course its continuing. They get out toy containers in their bedroom and climb onto the sill. Will they just stop eventually/ should I put wooden bars across as a short term measure until they grow out of it. Am worried they will just use these to climb up. Anyone have any bright ideas?

wotulookinat Thu 09-Oct-08 11:59:49

I just keep the windows locked.

iheartdusty Thu 09-Oct-08 12:00:44

you can buy window locks which allow the window to open a bit

wotulookinat Thu 09-Oct-08 12:02:32

I keep the windows in his room locked while he is in there, and take the keys out.

pushchair Thu 09-Oct-08 12:40:47

sorry wasnt clear- I am scared they will fall through the glass. The window is not double glazed is old sash and slightly decrepit anyway. It is always closed at the bottom. if i need ventilation I open top.

wotulookinat Thu 09-Oct-08 12:47:25

Ah I see. In that case, I would be seriously tempted to put something there - maybe a piece of wood - as long as it doesn't provide another 'rung' for them to climb up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: