Talk

Advanced search

I seem to have acquired a moustache

(27 Posts)
oliveoil Thu 03-Mar-05 13:09:41

since having dd2 6 months ago!!!! Is this hormonal do you think. Any tips on removal greatly received.

Sob.

northerner Thu 03-Mar-05 13:12:44

And there was me worrying about grey hairs.

waxing?
Plucking?

katierocket Thu 03-Mar-05 13:12:59

wax it

oliveoil Thu 03-Mar-05 13:14:48

Would I not be left with an attractive red stubbly rash? I have seen ads for cream - Joleen I think - but have visions of a Jordanesque platinum moustache instead.

katierocket Thu 03-Mar-05 13:15:32

no don't bleach - you'll look like some german lesbian (apologies to any german lesbian mumsnetters)

Wax it!!. Red for a bit then it's fine.

northerner Thu 03-Mar-05 13:16:15

Joleen's a song isn't it?

Know what you mean though about bleaching it, would look rather odd. Are you ignoring my other thread in your name?

oliveoil Thu 03-Mar-05 13:18:17

Which thread?

turquoise Thu 03-Mar-05 13:18:39

Anything you do will make it stronger (take it from one in posession of the full Naval set). Have electrolysis.
Mind you, waxing does have the temporary bonus effect of giving you full pouty lips!

northerner Thu 03-Mar-05 13:19:40

Was sooo excited to see you posting again, but didn't want to caht in teh midst of a tit/teat debate so started a new thread in chat.

It's slowly sliding down active conversations.......

franch Thu 03-Mar-05 13:26:11

I keep thinking I have too, in some lights! Most of the time I'm in denial though. Turquoise, have you had electrolysis? How many sessions do you have to have, and how much does it cost??

turquoise Thu 03-Mar-05 13:48:47

I think I've had about 8 sessions, and it's worked on the 'tache, but my chin is still stubbornly Desperate Dan-like. Don't I sound gorgeous?
It costs $40 for half an hour here, I think my friend in Kent paid about a fiver for 5 minutes (she's not a yeti like me) and only needed a couple of sessions.

moondog Thu 03-Mar-05 13:53:31

German lesbian!!
Full naval set!!!
LOL

nutcracker Thu 03-Mar-05 13:56:08

I have had one for ages, i use immac to get rid of it, but it makes my shin very dry then.

When i'm on the pill though it dissapears almost completely and i don't have to do it.

franch Thu 03-Mar-05 14:13:48

turq I misread your post originally and was picturing you with a very hairy belly button

turquoise Thu 03-Mar-05 14:22:57

>spray<
Luckily that's one problem I haven't got (yet)!

HappyMumof2 Thu 03-Mar-05 14:24:19

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Thu 03-Mar-05 14:31:31

I'm allergic to hair removing creams, and electrolysis is very, very painful - but waxing sorts my moustache and beardy bits out a treat. Try and find somewhere that treats your skin with something soothing like teat-tree oil after they wax, and it will help minimise the soreness afterwards.

WigWamBam Thu 03-Mar-05 14:32:12

Teat-tree???

Sorry, I must have been reading the wrong sort of threads today ... I mean tea tree oil

MaryHairy Fri 04-Mar-05 13:07:37

Is electrolysis really very painful?

Has anyone ever tried that light pulse treatment (not sure what it's called)?

MaryHairy Fri 04-Mar-05 13:17:00

sorry to hijack oliveoil but I have suffered for years and it would be really interesting to find out about possible 'cures'.

MaryHairy Fri 04-Mar-05 14:26:22

Anyone?

wilbur Fri 04-Mar-05 14:35:11

I'm considering the laser removal after a friend who was quite hairy (she's of Asian descent) had it done and it's worked a treat. Think she went to acculight. Quite ££ tho.

turquoise Fri 04-Mar-05 14:36:27

Yes - the centre of the top lip is particularly agonising, but other areas less so. It's only for a few seconds though, but the problem is that nothing seems to be really permanent.
There are some threads on laser/pulse etc - haven't got time atm but will look for you later.
Turquoise (thinking of changing name to Chewbacca)

expatinscotland Fri 04-Mar-05 14:37:40

Laser hair removal. Works a treat and worth the money. If you have dark hair and fair skin you are in luck - you'll probably only need 3 sessions to get rid of it for good.

MaryHairy Fri 04-Mar-05 15:02:35

Yes, dark hair and fair skin.

Where did you have it done?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now