Talk

Advanced search

My cat is a better parent than me.

(14 Posts)
Levanna Wed 02-Mar-05 23:34:23

With one quick swipe, she has told DD1 not to chase her / follow her / pull her tail / bother her 24/7. DD1 now sits nice and quietly near her, doesn't run her ragged, and is always pleasant and polite to her. The cat enjoys watching a bit of TV, reading the odd novel (she's also a guardianista, dontcha know) and even manages to drink the odd warn drink before it gets cold. Yet, I am still run ragged, don't know what a TV is, haven't looked at the paper for aaaages and no longer know the pleasure of a hot cuppa.
I have been well and truly out done by a feline. She is the better parent!

marthamoo Wed 02-Mar-05 23:45:01

How To Parent Your Child The Feline Way - there's scope for a book there...

Levanna Wed 02-Mar-05 23:52:57

I am absolutely certain she would have the time and organisation skills to write it too!

KatieTheCat Thu 03-Mar-05 14:28:14

Grow your nails, sharpen them to razor-like points, develop a narrow-eyed, flattened-eared look and a nice line in hissing and spitting, turn your back on dd1 at every available opportunity, find yourself a nice little warm space in the back of the airing cupboard and only come out when you hear the sound of a tin-opener. Works for me!

champs Thu 03-Mar-05 17:16:29

can I borow her

Aero Thu 03-Mar-05 17:23:05

rofl Levanna - one of ours has the same parenting skills to ds1 and dd - but ds2 isn't quite ready to learn those lessons yet and I'm sure one day she'll take a gentle "get out of my face" at him if I'm not watching!

Cod Thu 03-Mar-05 17:24:34

Message withdrawn

Marina Thu 03-Mar-05 17:33:22

Levanna - bet your dd will draw the line at pre-masticated Kit-e-Kat though

shimmy21 Thu 03-Mar-05 17:41:20

Yes Levanna but if she's anything like our cat, when her dd reaches puberty and starts going out on the town she will throw her out and not accept her under the same roof. You will hear swear words that you didn't know were in your cat's vocabulary and the relationship will end with permanent estrangement.
Meanwhile you will be reaping the rewards of your devotion to your own litter with your own offspring's maturity and loveliness!

Levanna Thu 03-Mar-05 22:03:39

Dammit, I tried hiding on the window sill today (cat style). I ended up with DD's in there with me, and you've guessed it - the cat was curled up cosily on the futon smirking, when we all landed in a heap (curtains too) on the living room floor.

<Humph>

brinkley Thu 03-Mar-05 22:28:00

cool cat

Frizbe Thu 03-Mar-05 22:30:55

smart cat, nothing like ours, which is well dopey, caught dd dragging him down the hall by his tail the other day.....cartoon style

brinkley Thu 03-Mar-05 22:32:29

LOL frizbe - dumb cat

binkybetsy Thu 03-Mar-05 22:38:08

I think your cat is a better mother than me as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now