Talk

Advanced search

Please list all the BAD things the labour government have done..

(13 Posts)
cornfield Wed 02-Mar-05 23:23:49

well..

mummytosteven Wed 02-Mar-05 23:25:19

wanting to bring in compulsory ID cards
wanting to close down special schools without adequate SN provision in mainstream
not providing adequate SN provision
Millenium Dome

hercules Wed 02-Mar-05 23:26:21

sucking up to Bush.

Levanna Wed 02-Mar-05 23:29:03

Sucking up more to Bush

Levanna Wed 02-Mar-05 23:29:49

(Are we allowed to post on both threads? Each party seems to have pros and cons after all..... not that I know a great deal about any of them!)

OldieMum Wed 02-Mar-05 23:32:07

Caligula - I'm not commending them, or their aspirations. I'm just worried that we may all get so carried away with criticising Blair that we end up with a Tory government.

OldieMum Wed 02-Mar-05 23:32:36

Whoops, posted on the wrong thread. Too confusing for me.

cornfield Thu 03-Mar-05 00:02:24

bump...

is mumsnet a labour majority or something

donnie Thu 03-Mar-05 11:28:56

making University more and more for the well off only, this is appalling IMO. I went to University and was on the old ' full grant' and no way could I have gone otherwise as one of 3 kids in a single parent family living on a council estate. Now I realise how lucky I was and I really feel for the kids I teach - to them, applying to colleges is so much about finances and what job opportunities exist in the area etc.So IMO Labour have really messed up here.

Beatie Thu 03-Mar-05 15:49:19

24 hour licensing laws.

SecondhandRose Thu 03-Mar-05 16:33:54

mad immigration policy.

Beatie Thu 03-Mar-05 16:44:30

Massive council tax rises.

Blu Thu 03-Mar-05 17:57:02

Iraq war, Anti-terrorist laws (esp accepting evidence obtained under torture in other countries), moving goal posts to restrict immigration and asylum seekers in ways designed to appease public rather than address humanitrian need.
But the Tories have either supported them in their worst excesses - or would have done worse under their own shadow policies, IMO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: