Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rescue Remedy, Calms and such like - will it stop me blubbing like a loon at a funeral? Please say yes.

(10 Posts)
MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 15:34:32

My friend's dad has passed away sad and I'll be going to the funeral this week.

I am ridiculously emotionally incontinent and I know that if I start crying at the funeral I'll end up snorting and gulping at a ridiculous volume.

Whilst I know that it's natural to cry at funerals I don't want to disrespect or take attention away from her family by opening my blubbing floodgates as I feel my grief is way down the pecking order from theirs IYSWIM, and I'd really like to be able to just squeeze into a pew at the back and keep calm.

Would something herbal sedate me a little do you think or is it all placebo?

Flier Mon 06-Oct-08 15:38:05

I swear by rescue remedy. Maybe try starting to take ot the night before and just keep taking it very regularly, remember, you can't OD on it.

MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 15:39:16

Thanks flier, is it tablets?

cocoleBOO Mon 06-Oct-08 15:39:42

Rescue Remedy should help, you can also by Bach flower remedies that deal with grief.

Flier Mon 06-Oct-08 15:41:03

no, its drops which you can put directly on your tongue or put in some water. You can also get a spray which is quite handy. Its not the nicest of tastes, btw, byt I find it doesn't linger and, as I said, I really find it works. I even used mine when in labour!

JacobsPrincessOfDarkness Mon 06-Oct-08 15:42:49

I love the flavour and swear by the stuff for birth, funerals, dentist visits, wet monday mornings etc etc

stayinbed Mon 06-Oct-08 15:44:04

i doubt it. i have never found rescue remedy to help for anything. a nice tea with honey can be just as calming

Flier Mon 06-Oct-08 15:44:12

do you? jacobsprincess? grin love the flavour I mean

MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 15:44:54

right, will be getting some of that then

can you just get it from a chemist? and am I ok to drive if I'm using it?

Flier Mon 06-Oct-08 15:45:55

you can get it from boots and holland & barrett and yes you'll be safe to drive. Hope it works for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now