Talk

Advanced search

London Underground question......

(11 Posts)
MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 14:17:27

Could anyone please let me know if you can get from Kings Cross to Kingston on the underground and if so how long it takes? Thanks

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:18:11

No. But you can use public transport. Take the Northern LIne to waterloo and then overland to Kingston from Waterloo.

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:18:35

Oh, and overland to kingston from waterloo is pretty regular. Not exactly how many an hour, but at least 4.

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:19:01

oh, and I would say it would take no more than an hour.

dustystar Mon 06-Oct-08 14:20:14

If you go onto the London Undergrounds website you can use a journey planner.

bundle Mon 06-Oct-08 14:21:16

not on Underground alone - Kingston (assuming upon Thames) is SW of London and you'd need to get a train from Waterloo(?) - search on transport for london's website they can give you a variety of options

bundle Mon 06-Oct-08 14:21:50

actually you could prob get a train from vauxhall, might be simpler

MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 14:24:15

Thanks all

I'm in central London with work later this week and have a friend who lives in Kingston so was just weighing up the feasibility of visiting her while I was down there (my London geography knowledge is crappola)

BlingLovin Mon 06-Oct-08 14:30:59

It's feasible. But you should definitely check on return train times - unless you're staying with her overnight. I live on that line and in my experience, trains coming back to London tend to stop relatively early.

Kewcumber Mon 06-Oct-08 14:33:28

or district line to Richmond and train to kingston from there.

MadreInglese Mon 06-Oct-08 15:34:53

Thanks, will check out the website for times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now