Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stamford Bridge - where is the best seating for families

(7 Posts)
nerdgirl Sat 04-Oct-08 12:17:50

My two sons (10 and 8) are mad Chelsea fans and we are hoping to get tickets for our first ever Premiership match on Monday when we can buy tickets for the game against Sunderland. The boys are really excited.

I just wanted to poll the collective wisdom of mumsnet and find out the best place to sit with a couple of small boys at Stamford.

Any ideas folks?

mypandasgotcrabs Sat 04-Oct-08 12:30:21

Most clubs have a family section, am just trying to get onto the cfc website to have a look where there's is, but my internet's really slow atm.

There you go east lower

I take ds1 to Fratton Park (Portsmouth) regularly and I've never been in the family section, atmosphere is rubbish there. He's been going since he was 4, he's now just 7, never had any problems, and where we sit now is right next to the away fans. IMO, football grounds nowadays, especially in hte Prem are safe anywhere for LOs, the only concern would possibly be the amount of noise, but at 8 & 10 they should be able to handle that, and lets face it Chelsea doesn't exactly have the best atmosphere around, so probabky won't even be that loud.

Hope they enjoy the game. smile

mypandasgotcrabs Sat 04-Oct-08 12:31:28

Altough I should add, probably best to avoid the Shed if you're worried at all.

mypandasgotcrabs Sat 04-Oct-08 12:32:46

sorry, their's of course blush

nerdgirl Sun 05-Oct-08 11:31:26

Thanks MPGC (great name BTW)!

Is there no question or problem for which the solution cannot be found on Mumsnet?

HRHSaintMamazon Sun 05-Oct-08 11:43:32

The only trouble you are likely to encounter is some rather colourful language.

The family section is in the East Stand. but the away fans are also position in the East corner.

The shed End is no longer the hot house for shaven headed thugs i promise. its on the south end of the pitch and if you can get one of the first few rows you will get an amazing view of the match.

The mathew Harding stand is probably where i would choose to go. Its the North Stand and is where the loyal but educated go.

But as i said...the days of chair throwing and picth invading really are over.

Tas1 Sun 05-Oct-08 16:07:16

There is a family enclosure, which has good views and the language and singing is not so rude!

Have a great time. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now